Any concerns not have door wiring harness connected?

jk12blk

I purchased new mopar half doors and just now realized I don't have the correct connectors for the front doors. The wiring harness which ships with the doors includes a two pin harness, so you have change it out with a 14 pin harness that matches up with what is inside the jeep (my jeep had full power, so probably why I have a 14 pin in the front). Anyway, Mopar sent me a 10 pin and a 14 pin, but the 14 pin is not correct. FWIW, the rear connectors are correct and I was able to depin and change them out with the new connector.

Long story short, I probably will not hook up the harness just for the dome light and radio kill - at least not at this time. Maybe.

I know many of you run without doors, so is there anything I need to be worried about? Will the check engine light come because I don't have the harness connected?

thanks!

Mike_D

As I understand it if you have the accessory delay enabled (so the radio works after key out), it won't automatically turn off when the door is opened. But that's minor.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you do happen to find the correct connector, please let me know. I eventually plan to just make the fronts power lock but trying to just have the right plug for now istead of the 300 for the power kit. I bought my halfs used so they only had the normal 2 prong, but cant remember which one I actually need now.

Top Bottom