1st day on the evo double throwdown build

BenJKWrangler15

Hey guys! I haven't made a while lot of progress since last weekend. I did however finally get all the parts except the king shock. Im very impressed with these new axles. I was able to get both rear control arm brackets fitted and im going to get the fronts preped and ready tomorrow.

This thread's a year old, I'm guessing that by now everything as been set up and mounted on your rig? Where' the last 14 months updates? :)

BenJKWrangler15

Haha I know I'm interested as well as I will be doing most my stuff in the garage. I'll be doing junkyard 1 tons.

That'll be an interesting build - keep us posted! In the meantime, I need to get my hands on 2 pairs of those jack stands - I mean, look at those beefed up jacks!!! No need for a lift when you have these bad boys laying around B)

Petzl88

I'm not sure if he sold it or not. He had it listed on Craigslist for a while and I see it driving around Castle Rock sometimes, but I'm not sure if it is the same dude driving it.

Exodus 4x4

I wish I had the patience to do this. Fortunately I know better and will have to fork out the dough for installation when that day comes.

ralfman5

did you use a plasma cutter on the axle side of the front DTD installation? Im in the process of starting the cuts on the axle. seems more difficult than on the frame side.

jeeper52

LOSER
This thread's a year old, I'm guessing that by now everything as been set up and mounted on your rig? Where' the last 14 months updates? :)

Yep everything is setup and finished up. I lost track keeping up with this thread. I was working on this jeep every weekend all last year until late September when i finally finished it up. Some weekends i barely made any progress so i didn't fell like it was worth posting anything lol.

jeeper52

LOSER
I'm not sure if he sold it or not. He had it listed on Craigslist for a while and I see it driving around Castle Rock sometimes, but I'm not sure if it is the same dude driving it.

Had 3 guys very interested and 1 almost drove it home. I bowed out last minute and decided to hold on to it. I couldn't stand the thought of spending another summer working on another one lol.

jeeper52

LOSER
did you use a plasma cutter on the axle side of the front DTD installation? Im in the process of starting the cuts on the axle. seems more difficult than on the frame side.

Yep, i think the axles were the worst to. I got as close as i could and grinded the rest down with a grinder. Some spots i scored the welds with a cut off wheel then welded a big pry bar to the bracket i was removing and bent it back and forth until it snapped off clean.

jeeper52

LOSER
Glad to see you kept it!

I was rooting for you man.

Hope you enjoy it. Came out pretty sweet. :clap2:

Lol thanks man. Now i just gotta find the time to get out there and do some wheelin. Went to ouray when i got it all finished up back in sept of 15. Sadly haven't been since. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks

BenJKWrangler15

Lol thanks man. Now i just gotta find the time to get out there and do some wheelin. Went to ouray when i got it all finished up back in sept of 15. Sadly haven't been since. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks

Glad you kept it and are still active on WAL! Was really interested in getting updates from your build. What about some pics? 🙃[emoji1]

uberc4

A group is meeting in Ouray July 31st-3rd. There's a thread floating around with an open invite.

Top Bottom