I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

radleyhardy

I think the best thing about this thread is you get to see the benefit of each part added instead of $10k in one weekend

USMC Wrangler

Before I start into what was done today, my two middle kids helped decide that the Jeep's official name is Spider. Everyone else in the family agreed on it. It seems to fit and I like it.

Got up at early to avoid the heat as much as possible. Started off by rotating the tires on my wife's Explorer. The Jeep was due too so these were installed...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273378.716282.jpg

It looks great to me, but pictures hardly do the change justice!

Before...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273442.759051.jpg

After...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273469.277168.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273510.128861.jpg

My oldest son help me put the new plates on (long story I don't want to get into online as to why, and it's boring)...and the two middle kids helped rotate all the tires on both vehicles! They did great for being 7 & 9!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273632.646187.jpg

Next, I prepared the patient for surgery...my first ever chop!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273674.139328.jpg

And here's what Spider looks like with 1.5 Spidertrax and factory bumper chop...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273738.237160.jpg

The Spidertrax stickers were what got the name going for the kids and I liked it. Had two, so both went on the side, like a black and white zebra spider...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440273827.722539.jpg

I have a couple of pieces of black abs on the way from Amazon. I'm going to make flat end caps with that. Because I followed the angle of the crush can covers I was unable to salvage enough plastic from the ends to make it look the way I wanted.

More to come on Spider in the future!

radleyhardy

Great name choice. Glad the kids are involved in it.

When I was on stock wheels, I loved my spidertrax spacers. Bumper looks great as well

USMC Wrangler

The ABS pieces are due to arrive today. I'm off Fri/Sat this week. Friday is get the pup's stitches out and grocery day. I hope to get the bumper end caps and rear frame rails trimmed and painted Saturday.

USMC Wrangler

Well, I only had one package of JB Plastic Weld and it didn't go very far. I wanted to switch to hot glue but no glue sticks! Both sides are tacked on though.

I have to get to the 4 LCA skids for certain, but I do have a few other things bouncing around my head.

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

The pros and cons of rural living...

...ordering most of my parts, tools and accessories online. Could be a pro, but the glue sticks I thought I needed were 5/16". Turns out I need 7/16". 😡 The correct ones are now ordered but won't arrive until Tuesday. 😩

So I'm going to focus on a few other things still to do to Spider before the Hidden Falls trip. The epoxy on the end caps are holding strong and I drive the 2011 JKUR at work. Spider gets to hang in the garage some more because of that.

Last edited:

tharb5111

Ya me too. Def makes things easier. To bad it's already 100 out. I'm loosening and tightening all bolts today and am feeling the heat. It was about as hot the other day when we installed the lift. Steady stream of Gatorade was the only thing that got us through. Good luck with the skids and post pics.

USMC Wrangler

I hear ya. 105 here...

Front LCA skids are done. Since I need to jack up the rear and weld, I can't get the rear LCA skids burned on. It'll probably have to wait until after the HF run. I need another set of hands for that one. But, I'm working on a couple of other things now...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441741574.190761.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441741588.923658.jpg

Top Bottom