I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Thanks! You and me both!

I did sneak in a little more time today. I finally decided not to cut anything for a winch, since I do not have one. When I do get a winch in the future I'll make any necessary adjustments then.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463348853.111090.jpg

^^^Thats the only pic I had time to grab. I was tracing out the cuts for the correct angles on the top plate. I did get the top piece cut, fitted and partially welded in. This dang thing is getting heavy!!!

Gotta get ready for both my daughters music recital.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Thanks! You and me both!

I did sneak in a little more time today. I finally decided not to cut anything for a winch, since I do not have one. When I do get a winch in the future I'll make any necessary adjustments then.

View attachment 203516

^^^Thats the only pic I had time to grab. I was tracing out the cuts for the correct angles on the top plate. I did get the top piece cut, fitted and partially welded in. This dang thing is getting heavy!!!

Gotta get ready for both my daughters music recital.

Looks nice and would look even better with chopped fenders.

Enjoy the recital
[emoji106]

USMC Wrangler

Looks nice and would look even better with chopped fenders.

Enjoy the recital
[emoji106]

Thanks! Funny you should mention that. I was debating...bumper progress or chop the fenders today. I clearly decided on the bumper. Maybe on paint day I can multitask in between coats and get the fenders done too.

Recital was fun!

USMC Wrangler

As I've already said (and have shown), I'm no professional welder. So, my old friend and I, Mr. Grinder, got some time today before work. I'm going to try and get a little time in on this project before work this week each day. Hopefully that means some color will go on soon.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463941712.012857.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Mr. Grinder and I are done with all the big stuff now. I need to go pick up my paint supplies still, but can't wait to wrap this up!!!

Front

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464200348.212662.jpg

Looking at the top

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464200360.562119.jpg

Side type shots

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464200397.871466.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464200422.416475.jpg

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Looks great bro. If I remember correctly you will eventually build it for a winch? Why not do it now before you paint? Just wondering cause I know prep and paint can be a pain, let alone to do it again. Either way good work man!

USMC Wrangler

Looks great bro. If I remember correctly you will eventually build it for a winch? Why not do it now before you paint? Just wondering cause I know prep and paint can be a pain, let alone to do it again. Either way good work man!

Yeah, thanks! I realize I'll be duplicating some work but I want to make sure everything lines up right with the winch present for test fitting. I keep trying to save up for one but life keeps happening. It just may be a lot longer until I can actually pay cash for a good winch.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Yeah, thanks! I realize I'll be duplicating some work but I want to make sure everything lines up right with the winch present for test fitting. I keep trying to save up for one but life keeps happening. It just may be a lot longer until I can actually pay cash for a good winch.

I gotcha, makes sense to have the winch.

USMC Wrangler

I got banged up at work about a week and a half back. I can't do any heavy lifting while recovering and on these wicked meds. I'm itching for a project so hopefully in the next few days I can get to this...

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-factory-fender-chop

While laid up, my wife and oldest daughter insisted that I add a bull bar or stinger to my homebrew bumper. I've also been looking at C and B pillar reinforcements as well as how to mount my 3rd row belts. I'll have plenty of 1/4" steel leftover so I just need a stick of 1.75" DOM. I plan to price that out locally this week. So that's the latest, pretty boring update on Spider.

USMC Wrangler

While going to an appointment yesterday I put my phone in the Rugged Ridge mount I've had for about 7 months now. One of the ends broke off which was disappointing. I emailed Rugged Ridge/Omix-ADA since it has a 5 year warranty. I've already received a reply after sending a picture and my receipt that a replacement is shipping today.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467901079.081943.jpg

USMC Wrangler

...and today my wife and I had the hail damage repaired on Spider and her Explorer. It's been almost 13 months since it happened in Texas before we moved to Arizona. It's nice to finally have that done!!! [emoji106]

Napalm

...and today my wife and I had the hail damage repaired on Spider and her Explorer. It's been almost 13 months since it happened in Texas before we moved to Arizona. It's nice to finally have that done!!! [emoji106]

Great news! I know hail damage would really bother my OCD!

USMC Wrangler

Great news! I know hail damage would really bother my OCD!

Yeah, it's been driving me crazy. It's so good to have great coverage through State Farm. The crew that did the work really made all of it disappear! They even fixed a couple extra non-hail related dings at no charge on the Explorer. Now I know where to take Spider in the future. [emoji106]

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

After about 6 weeks, I was cleared to go back to work starting next week. I was also prohibited from driving due to the meds I was taking. That was lifted today as well.

So we took a little ride to re-visit a couple of nearby ghost towns my wife and I went to several years ago. This time all 6 of us got to explore together!

The first one was Fairbank, AZ

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468635215.855994.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468635233.097147.jpg

We had to drive through Tombstone to head to the next one... Charleston.

Sadly, the remnants of buildings that were present 15 years ago are now completely gone at the Charleston site. All I could find was this marker...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468635361.871250.jpg

I wanted to get a shot of Spider in front of the OK Corral in Tombstone, but all of Allen Street is now blocked off. It wasn't like that 10-12 years ago.

We did meet a BLM volunteer that gave us a lot of great info on some driving/hiking trails to historic sites like the Clanton Ranch, Presidio Santa Cruz de Terrenate, a filming location for the original 3:10 To Yuma and a petroglyph site. There was more he offered, but we will go back and get that once we hit those sites.

All of the above is 45 mins or less from the house. Can't wait to explore some more!

Edit: The 3:10 To Yuma location referenced is Contention, AZ. I must have misunderstood because according to several websites, no filming took place in this area.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468680600.311358.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom