I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

It's been a little while since I've had time to do anything with Spider except drive back and forth to my rideshare. I did manage to install cabin filters today. It is my first step in trying to diagnose why I only have hot/warm air on the hottest setting. I need to dig into the dash a little more to see if the blend actuator is working correctly.

I also have some other parts on hand to install. They are EVO Rockstars, the rear seat recline kit and LED front turn signals. I also noticed a slight bend in my factory tie rod, so trying to save up some extra cash to get that swapped out. I need to check my toe an adjust accordingly to make sure I'm not chewing up my front tires.

USMC Wrangler

I'm happy to report that my heat issues definitely seemed better last night. For $10 of cabin filters and a few minutes of my time, I'm glad I tried this first.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I'm happy to report that my heat issues definitely seemed better last night. For $10 of cabin filters and a few minutes of my time, I'm glad I tried this first.

Why would adding filters change the air temp? Just trying to understand the logic.

Edit: I had a similar problem on the KK and found that the blend door got stuck and plastic gear on the end all jagged up. It was a big job to pull the dash and replace the air distribution box.

IMG_2247.jpg

In my case I could also hear a faint clicking as the gears skipped when I would change the setting. I had to have my head under the dash to hear it. I hope your issue truly was that simple!

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Glad to hear that helped your heating issues. [emoji106]

Thanks. So far, so good.

Why would adding filters change the air temp? Just trying to understand the logic.

Honestly, I have no idea, (well, maybe just one guess). I was reading a few different threads on similar issues and a couple people mentioned changing or adding cabin filters and it made a difference. Others had changed actuators, controls and even heater cores. I figured since the housing for the filter is there and the filters cost $10, that would be my first step. I don't see any sludge/casting sand in my coolant and I can hear everything moving behind the dash when I change the climate settings.

I have wondered if it changed since it's my first winter without inner fender liners. That's just a wild ass guess though. I did not see that mentioned anywhere, but am guessing more cold air is being forced in without the liners. I don't know if that makes sense or is possible.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Thanks. So far, so good.

Honestly, I have no idea, (well, maybe just one guess). I was reading a few different threads on similar issues and a couple people mentioned changing or adding cabin filters and it made a difference. Others had changed actuators, controls and even heater cores. I figured since the housing for the filter is there and the filters cost $10, that would be my first step. I don't see any sludge/casting sand in my coolant and I can hear everything moving behind the dash when I change the climate settings.

I have wondered if it changed since it's my first winter without inner fender liners. That's just a wild ass guess though. I did not see that mentioned anywhere, but am guessing more cold air is being forced in without the liners. I don't know if that makes sense or is possible.

See edit to post #685

WJCO

Meme King
We have no inner liners on ours and heat works better than Janet Reno's body when someone actually asks her for her number.

USMC Wrangler

We have no inner liners on ours and heat works better than Janet Reno's body when someone actually asks her for her number.

Well, it was the only physical thing I could come up with. I figured it was a long shot.

I agree that it's weird filters would change the temp, but it seems to be operating as it should now. I'll see if that continues...

USMC Wrangler

Nothing major, but I managed a couple things today. Spider was due for an oil change today. Knocked that out and modified the Warn Zeon cover to work with my bumper.

This is how much I cut off the cover

IMG_2886.jpg

It still clips in and protects the synthetic line from the AZ sun.

IMG_2885.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I like that too.
Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is the one I got...

https://smile.amazon.com/Warn-89775...8078408&sr=1-3&keywords=warn+zeon+winch+cover

There are two types. One has some open slots the other is solid like I have. My main concern was the AZ sun, so I bought the solid version.

IMG_2887.jpg

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

USMC Wrangler

Glad to hear that helped your heating issues. [emoji106]

sent from your basement

Edit: I had a similar problem on the KK and found that the blend door got stuck and plastic gear on the end all jagged up. It was a big job to pull the dash and replace the air distribution box.

View attachment 244875

In my case I could also hear a faint clicking as the gears skipped when I would change the setting. I had to have my head under the dash to hear it. I hope your issue truly was that simple!

Well, I still have no idea why the cabin filters seemed to work. I can say with certainty that whatever it was is not correcting the issue anymore.

It is now different than before, but still not right. Now on one click cooler than the hottest setting I get the expected result on the passenger side but cold air on the drivers side. I've seen so many varying fixes to this, I plan to start small (drivers side actuator). I'm no longer under warranty, so I'll do my best to troubleshoot and report back on what I find.

Top Bottom