I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Today was yard work day. I don't mind pulling weeds this way!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468711695.899717.jpg

It was actually a shrub of some sort that was dying and housing at least one rattlesnake. One of the roots were stubborn enough to have all four tires spinning in 4 Low. Anyway, trying to get honey-do's done so I can get back to my front bumper project.

Lone Star

Just got caught up on your build and progress. Still don't have my jeep, just yet. But when i do it will be a somewhat slower build and a lot of the same stuff you are doing. keep it up , and hope you are feeling better.

Lone Star

I actually just took my family through tombstone and fairbanks a few weeks ago. My grandparents live in Benson, we visited them for the 4th of july week. It was a lot of fun, but sadly all we had was the Honda Accord. lol so our sight seeing was limited. On the drive back we when up through the Coronado Trail, to Alpine and back down to Glenwood, NM to family reunion and by the time we got there my wife said i could finally trade the car in for a Jeep. :) we passed too many opportunities to go exploring and have fun through the National forests and ghost towns. So my goal now is to pay more off on the car and hopfully in about 6 months or so trade in for a Jeep. :)

USMC Wrangler

Just got caught up on your build and progress. Still don't have my jeep, just yet. But when i do it will be a somewhat slower build and a lot of the same stuff you are doing. keep it up , and hope you are feeling better.

I really enjoy my Jeep the way it is. Sure there are a few more things I really do need/want, but even in its current state it hasn't let me down. Let me know if I can answer specific questions when you are ready. I'm happy to help! I am beginning to feel better, thank you.

I actually just took my family through tombstone and fairbanks a few weeks ago. My grandparents live in Benson, we visited them for the 4th of july week. It was a lot of fun, but sadly all we had was the Honda Accord. lol so our sight seeing was limited. On the drive back we when up through the Coronado Trail, to Alpine and back down to Glenwood, NM to family reunion and by the time we got there my wife said i could finally trade the car in for a Jeep. :) we passed too many opportunities to go exploring and have fun through the National forests and ghost towns. So my goal now is to pay more off on the car and hopfully in about 6 months or so trade in for a Jeep. :)

It's a really great area and have a better appreciation of it now that it's my second time living here.

Good luck on getting the finances square to get the Jeep! It will be worth it!

Let me know if you'll be in the area again. Maybe we can meet up for a cold one or some close by trails.

Lone Star

I really enjoy my Jeep the way it is. Sure there are a few more things I really do need/want, but even in its current state it hasn't let me down. Let me know if I can answer specific questions when you are ready. I'm happy to help! I am beginning to feel better, thank you.

It's a really great area and have a better appreciation of it now that it's my second time living here.

Good luck on getting the finances square to get the Jeep! It will be worth it!

Let me know if you'll be in the area again. Maybe we can meet up for a cold one or some close by trails.

I have always enjoyed coming to Arizona every summer as a kid to visit a couple weeks each summer, cant wait to get back there with a Jeep. I'll have to check out Charlston I didn't know that was down there. Neat little piece of history. My wife hasn't really been out west much, so planning a trip next year to see some places but will be farther north into Utah. May make it where we swing down that way again, just not sure. Grandparents are getting up there in age, so may be worth making a trip there again regardless.

USMC Wrangler

I was hesitant to cut the fenders with the EVO leveling kit and only 33's. I realize 35's would be a lot better for many reasons, but I'm still pretty happy with the outcome. I did try and trim to fit the front inner liners, just to kill my curiosity. I ditched them in the end. After a few coats of spray-on bed liner the wheel wells look much better.

So here are some pics...

I got the rears installed last night, but the incoming rain prevented me from painting..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343173.300908.jpg

Finished the rear wells up this morning before cutting the fronts...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343280.983950.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343293.868389.jpg

The fronts went better since I actually made templates instead of winging it like I did with the rears..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343376.928961.jpg

Fenderless shot just for grins...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343420.259130.jpg

And the final shots...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343478.746835.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343497.598115.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343537.249682.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343555.036238.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343572.136170.jpg

Out of all four of my kiddos, my 8 year old daughter hung out with me all day! She helped with what she could, but insisted in checking things out on the creeper. Always makes things better when the kids are involved!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469343689.159767.jpg

Now, to get back to that dang bumper project!!!

Napalm

I was hesitant to cut the fenders with the EVO leveling kit and only 33's. I realize 35's would be a lot better for many reasons, but I'm still pretty happy with the outcome. I did try and trim to fit the front inner liners, just to kill my curiosity. I ditched them in the end. After a few coats of spray-on bed liner the wheel wells look much better.

So here are some pics...

I got the rears installed last night, but the incoming rain prevented me from painting..

View attachment 214272

Finished the rear wells up this morning before cutting the fronts...

View attachment 214273

View attachment 214274

The fronts went better since I actually made templates instead of winging it like I did with the rears..

View attachment 214275

Fenderless shot just for grins...

View attachment 214276

And the final shots...

View attachment 214277

View attachment 214278

View attachment 214279

View attachment 214280

View attachment 214281

Out of all four of my kiddos, my 8 year old daughter hung out with me all day! She helped with what she could, but insisted in checking things out on the creeper. Always makes things better when the kids are involved!

View attachment 214282

Now, to get back to that dang bumper project!!!

Looks awesome!!! They turned out great!

USMC Wrangler

I picked up some amber marker lights last night to continue with the fender chop project. They are both installed now to my liking...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469393136.488938.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469393161.533863.jpg

EVO mini liners are on order directly from them. I realize there have been some differing opinions with these. I completely believe Eddie and the others that have stated there have been no recorded failures of the electrical components without a liner. I'm simply doing it to cover that unsightly (to me) view. I did do a quick, independent search online to see if I could find any failures. Again, not questioning the truth of the statements on here, but to verify for myself. I found nothing negative.

I probably could've fabbed something myself, but for the price of the EVO liners I dove in.

Sgt_USMC

Outstanding thread! It is making me want to get a welder and work on my seriously neglected welding knowledge! You have also given me some ideas for things to do to my tj! Keep the updates coming! Semper fi!

USMC Wrangler

Outstanding thread! It is making me want to get a welder and work on my seriously neglected welding knowledge! You have also given me some ideas for things to do to my tj! Keep the updates coming! Semper fi!

Thank you! Glad the Cpl can provide motivation for the Sgt! Ha ha! Semper Fidelis, Leatherneck!

Looking great!

Thank you, Master of Meme's! Lol! I'm enjoying making Spider my own.

Top Bottom