3.8 stock air intake

SierraSilver

If its the whistle from a cold air your chasing I got rid of mine last weekend by grinding off high points of the plastic manifold behind the throttle body. I gave up trying to find a stock OEM intake. Word of warning, careful with the cleaning of the butterfly as carb and choke cleaner apparently killed my etc.

Devallee

If its the whistle from a cold air your chasing I got rid of mine last weekend by grinding off high points of the plastic manifold behind the throttle body. I gave up trying to find a stock OEM intake. Word of warning, careful with the cleaning of the butterfly as carb and choke cleaner apparently killed my etc.

The whistle is annoying, but it's also the openess of it that bugs me. I know it has to be maintained like anything else but how quickly it gathers up dust and mud kills me and the stock one stayed cleaner longer

rubicrawl

I take mine out after and hose it let it dry and I'm good to go and it feels like it runs so much better than with stock I would of givin you mine but got rid of it sorry but I wouldn't go back I need every little bit of horse power cause this motor lacks big time

SierraSilver

I'm at 130k no problems so far. I'm running an air raid, but something happened and it started whistling in an extremely annoying pitch at cruising speeds. I think my throttle body was going out for a while. It does seem to offer an increase in hp when chipped.

Rippicon

I have a complete one sitting in a box in my garage.
I live in Lake Elsinore. I could meet you tomorrow if you want.

Top Bottom