Atx Slabs and Toyo MTs balance

kpig

I just remounted my Toyos on new ATX Slabs. I drove it without balancing and no vibration up to 80 mph. Is this common? Not a bad thing, just wondering.

K.D.C.H

Mine have vibration starting at 50mph and even after rotating them all its still happening. Most likely I just have a bad batch of tires so bill be trading them in for new ones thanks to Americas Tire. Tire insurance is awesome :D

kpig

Mine have vibration starting at 50mph and even after rotating them all its still happening. Most likely I just have a bad batch of tires so bill be trading them in for new ones thanks to Americas Tire. Tire insurance is awesome :D

That sucks. Good luck with the new set. I hope you have the same luck I did this time. The funny thing with this was that I had XD Addicts and with several balances I still couldn't get them to run without vibration at 45-50. Same tires but different wheels made all the difference. Good luck.

K.D.C.H

That sucks. Good luck with the new set. I hope you have the same luck I did this time. The funny thing with this was that I had XD Addicts and with several balances I still couldn't get them to run without vibration at 45-50. Same tires but different wheels made all the difference. Good luck.

Yea I have an appointment at Americas Tire Wednesday and they are going to check them out. We'll see what happens

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Once and a while I have a wobble around 40-45 but other than that smooth as can be with nittos....my ball joints are about to die I feel tho lol

CRZRTX

I mounted Toyo MTs on ATX Slabs and like you said experienced no vibration. I had them balanced anyway (to protect the tires from uneven wear) by an offroad truck shop and they still are great.

Good luck finding a place that will balance them though. 4Wheel Parts won't balance beadlocks due to the liability and Discount Tire won't balance them because they won't fit on the machines (they said).

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just thought I would share my experience with Slabs and 37" Nittos.

I have been running this setup for roughly 4,000mi now and actually just had two tires replaced by Discount Tire Direct.

When I first mounted all of the tires, all 5 took minimal weight on the balancer (no more than 4oz on any wheel), but one tire had a noticeable wobble and it was felt in the steering wheel. We put that tire as the spare and DTD planned on shipping out a new tire once they were back in stock. Fast forward to my first rotation (only a 4 tire rotation) and the wobble came back. Turns out another tire had a noticeable wobble on the balancer and only became noticeable on the vehicle when the tire moved to the front axle.

DTD had just received a fresh shipment of Nittos and promptly sent out 2 new tires. I mounted them last week and now have zero vibrations and I haven't even had them balanced yet.

As a side note, I have been to a couple America's Tire stores here in the Bay area and have not had any issues getting them balanced. That said, they will not touch mounting them and understandably so.

Could not be happier though with the Slab/Nitto setup!

jesse3638

Hooked
Just thought I would share my experience with Slabs and 37" Nittos.

I have been running this setup for roughly 4,000mi now and actually just had two tires replaced by Discount Tire Direct.

When I first mounted all of the tires, all 5 took minimal weight on the balancer (no more than 4oz on any wheel), but one tire had a noticeable wobble and it was felt in the steering wheel. We put that tire as the spare and DTD planned on shipping out a new tire once they were back in stock. Fast forward to my first rotation (only a 4 tire rotation) and the wobble came back. Turns out another tire had a noticeable wobble on the balancer and only became noticeable on the vehicle when the tire moved to the front axle.

DTD had just received a fresh shipment of Nittos and promptly sent out 2 new tires. I mounted them last week and now have zero vibrations and I haven't even had them balanced yet.

As a side note, I have been to a couple America's Tire stores here in the Bay area and have not had any issues getting them balanced. That said, they will not touch mounting them and understandably so.

Could not be happier though with the Slab/Nitto setup!

That's great customer service right there. I ordered my km2's from a local America's tire and as mentioned they wouldn't mount them but had no problem balancing them.

USMCvet

Banned
Do the internal balancing thing with either Dynabead Packs or for 37" tires, 4 golf balls in each tire. MetalTech4x4 recommended the golf ball thing. They run them on their HJ60 Ironman rig, no issues, smooth ride, funny sound with the window down at a stop.

Do the internal balancing thing with either Dynabead Packs or for 37" tires, 4 golf balls in each tire. MetalTech4x4 recommended the golf ball thing. They run them on their HJ60 Ironman rig, no issues, smooth ride, funny sound with the window down at a stop.

Or you could just pony up a few bucks, probably less than the cost of balance beads, and just get them balanced the right way so you don't end up with bigger problems down the road such as death wobble caused by balance beads and the like.

USMCvet

Banned
Or you could just pony up a few bucks, probably less than the cost of balance beads, and just get them balanced the right way so you don't end up with bigger problems down the road such as death wobble caused by balance beads and the like.

One could, and that would work nicely right up until the time you sink the new beadlocks into the mud and the tape weights come off. Back to vibration and death wobble it is. Or you could try internal balancing and see if you like it.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Are people really having problems balancing Nittos or Toyos? I've heard great things and have had great experiences too with Nittos. I did have a couple tires that were just a hair out of round, but they were replaced by DTD.

The worst tire took about 4oz of weight and I even drove around for a few weeks before getting them balanced. There was just a slight vibration around 75, but went completely away with balancing.

Top Bottom