Pre-Run to Uwharrie, NC

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Ty,

You know how I backed it that tree to let the other group pass...this is what I found at the spray and wash:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432419123.010867.jpg

Luckily I only cracked the lens. The bulbs and housing are still intact.

Fun times!

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Awesome pics guys. Looks like a lot of fun, can't wait til August. Sucks about your taillight though Matt.

Thanks!

It was completely my fault. I was only looking in my passenger side mirror while I was backing (so I wouldn't go too far off the trail) when all of a sudden Ty yelled "watch out for that tree." Too late...my fault.

At least it's just the lens. I'd do it again for the fun we had today.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
The pics look great guys looks like an awesome time how were the campsites down there I have been looking online at some them where did some of yall stay just so I can get some good insite on good places to stay :yup:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
The pics look great guys looks like an awesome time how were the campsites down there I have been looking online at some them where did some of yall stay just so I can get some good insite on good places to stay :yup:

I stayed at the Badin Lake campsite. It's camping with amenities (bathrooms, showers w/hot water, potable well water). Each site has a parking area for two vehicles, a tent pitching area, hammock mounting poles, a fire ring with grill top, charcoal grill and picnic table. For $10 a night it's a deal, but no alcohol.

Here are some pics:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432466843.142429.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432466899.871332.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432466955.181787.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432467004.610839.jpg

I posted more information (but not these pictures) on the full Uwharrie run thread.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Matt,

That was great! Thanks for putting that together so quickly! You must have gone through at least 4 hours of footage to out that together.

Gives everyone an idea of what to expect too for the August run.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ok Gents, here is a vid I put together. Nothing ground breaking, pretty shaky here and there, got a few good shots. Hope the music isn't too distracting. I had to add something to mask all the fear and screaming ... just kidding Pics to follow soon once I go through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osm9ouSDEDQ

Wow you put that together quickly and it was great! :thumbup::beer:

I should have all the ones off of my camera tonight.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ty,

You know how I backed it that tree to let the other group pass...this is what I found at the spray and wash:
View attachment 144769

Luckily I only cracked the lens. The bulbs and housing are still intact.

Fun times!

Lol at least it only cracked the lens. Though I do see and excellent excuse for corner armour and the round led taillights. :thumbup:

Siebermd

Well I was able to get my rig up in the air for an inspection today. Not bad at all. Fortunately, never touched the rear dif. But I took a good one on the cross member and the left rear track bar mount. Those were fantastic trails! Emily and I had a great time. Thanks again for the trip.

PS.. I parked over a sprinkler to get the underside nice and clean :brows:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I can't explain why it looked like you did...I'm glad for that you didn't strike the differential.

Note, don't trust the "other Matt's" vision when I'm driving behind you!

Top Bottom