Jeep wave pledge

TwistedJK

I need to pass these out during jeep beach to the locals around here. Every time I wave, I get looked at like I have two heads.

Jaydoc1

I've got to be honest here. I only wave to Jeeps that have been at least mildly modified (20 inch chrome rims do NOT count) or are old and cool. Otherwise they might not even catch my attention. If I waved to every stock Wrangler driving around Colorado I would be wrecking all the time because my hands would never be on the steering wheel.

My thought process is this. If someone has gone to the trouble to actually build their jeep at least a little bit, then they really appreciate and are probably proud of what they are driving and they deserve a nod as if to say, "Good job man." If you're just driving around in a stock Wrangler, then you could've bought any car and be driving around in that. I didn't expect to get waved at when I was in my stock wrangler, (and I actually don't really expect to get waved at now).

Really, for me, the wave is reserved for those that are trying to make their Jeeps something more than just their transportation.

Jaydoc1

Maybe they haven't started the mods yet.

That's very possible. And it's not like I don't wave because they "only" have a stock Jeep. It's truly because there are just so dang many here that at some point it gets a little ridiculous.

TANK

That's very possible. And it's not like I don't wave because they "only" have a stock Jeep. It's truly because there are just so dang many here that at some point it gets a little ridiculous.

Agreed. I'm also in Colorado and can verify the ridiculous amount of stock JKs running around. Plus I've found that most stockers don't wave or even know about it.

Wardell

I have to admit, I don't wave at stock Jeeps very often either, and only people I know wave to me. There are a ton of JKs up here, but I'd attribute their choice of vehicle mostly to how bad the roads are up here. I'd say 95% are stock and never go off road, and that their drivers don't have the Jeep mindset.

When I bought my Jeep in Ontario it was different. Most people waved / waved back. But that was also when I lived in a city where anything can drive around easily, so it's more likely that they bought the Jeep to be a Jeep and not just any old SUV. I'm pretty sure most of the Jeep owners there understood the Jeep wave even if they don't actually go off road with them.

That said, even though my Jeep was stock (and for the moment still is), it's a special edition that came with an upgraded hood, bumpers, etc, so that might make a difference for who waved at me too.

CandAMudders

agree with Wardell

Lots of stock JKs here in Ontario, like Wardell said. But, way too many stock JKs to wave at and of course not many wave back. If they wave at me, I return the Jeep salute. Lots of modified Jeeps though, and TJs and CJs and a few LJs...keeps the waving hand busy.

Top Bottom