New Rubicon Hard Rock Build Advice...

JP Girl

Hey Guys!

I was just told this morning that my new 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock shipped today and will be here this week! Woo hoo! That being said, I'd like to start ordering parts for my lift within the next few days. I've gotten some great advice already from a bunch of you on some items and I'd like to run my list by you and see if there's anything I should add/change/remove:

Jeep Details: 2 door Rubicon Hard Rock, auto, 3.73 gears, this will be my daily driver with light wheeling (for now), and I'm in WI, so I have to deal with snow, rain, etc.

Parts:

Nitto Trail Grapplers 315/70R17 (I was advised since this is my DD that these have a better road rating vs. going with a 35") The best price I've found online was at WalMart for $303/tire... Discount Tire has them as a special order as well, however they are in IL and the sales tax is way higher than where I live.

ATX Slots 17x9 (I'm thinking of ordering from 4wheelparts.com)

EVO 3" Enforcer Lift w/ Drag Link Flip Kit and Bilstien 5100's (from Northridge4x4)

EVO JK C2 Axle Gussets (are these really needed?)

SuperChip Jeep Flashpaq

Am I'm missing anything else for now?? Also, I'll be posting the stock wheels and tires off my Rubicon (all 5 with TPMS) for $1500 once everything gets here. I can even arrange a delivery within a 100 mile range of Kenosha, WI if needed. So if anyone is interested before I make the 'official' post for these, let me know!

Thanks in advance!!

JP Girl

Who told you a 315 is better then a 35? A 315 is the same size as an advertised 37.

One of the guys on here on another post. He said that the 315 has a "D" rating which is better being that this is my DD and 95% of my driving will be on pavement and the 315 is "the same size" as a 35... I guess the actual 35's have an "E" rating which isn't as good for pavement??

Last edited:
Just curious if you've tried quoting all parts from one source instead of splitting everything up? You may find they can match or beat the overall and it will be less hassle on you.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
One of the guys on here on another post. He said that the 315 has a "D" rating which is better being that this is my DD and 95% of my driving will be on pavement and the 315 is "the same size" as a 35... I guess the actual 35's have an "E" rating which isn't as good for pavement??

Your jeep will suck with a 315 and 3.73 gears.

JP Girl

Just curious if you've tried quoting all parts from one source instead of splitting everything up? You may find they can match or beat the overall and it will be less hassle on you.

I'd love to order everything through Northridge4x4 since I've heard great things about them from everyone on here... however, they don't have the wheels I want and their tire prices are way higher than I've seen elsewhere. (Plus if I were to go with the 315 as advised, they don't carry that size...). But all the rest I was going to get through Northridge4x4.

I'd love to order everything through Northridge4x4 since I've heard great things about them from everyone on here... however, they don't have the wheels I want and their tire prices are way higher than I've seen elsewhere. (Plus if I were to go with the 315 as advised, they don't carry that size...). But all the rest I was going to get through Northridge4x4.

Sounds good :thumb: just thought I would ask just in case.

You planning on running 3.73's with 315's? Or you going to gear it?

JP Girl

Sounds good :thumb: just thought I would ask just in case.

You planning on running 3.73's with 315's? Or you going to gear it?

I'm not going to regear any time soon. But now per above I'm guessing I should go with the 35's with the gears I have??

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I run the 35s in a load range e and don't have any problems on the highway. I run 75 for roughly 30 miles one way. I went with the load range e because I also run a lot of dirt roads and go into pastures to hunt, fish, feed/check the cows, plus wheeling in the pastures.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm not going to regear any time soon. But now per above I'm guessing I should go with the 35's with the gears I have??

I found my JK with the 4.10s. In my opinion the 3.6, auto, 4.10s and 35s is a great combo.

With 3.73s I'd stick with a 33. Not saying 35s and 3.73s isn't doable. I just made sure the one I bought had the 4.10s cause I wanted 35s.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Depending on brand, I've seen advertised 35" tires around 33.5" ballpark. Bfg and nitto mostly. I'm trying to decide also on what to get. 315 seem to big for me. Just going to do a leveling kit, flat fenders, and try not to regear. Leaning towards 35x12.5x17 bfg ko2.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
A 315 unmounted measures 34.4". It's a metric size, no variance between brands.

Attachments

• 1429597532556.jpg
    1429597532556.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom