Jeep wave from North Dallas

tharb5111

I'm Trevor.
Just got my first Jeep a year ago and love it. Doors and top off and windshield down is my favorite way to roll. Love it and so do my kids (wife not so much).
Feel myself getting sucked into the world of mods and trying to resist the lift and bigger tires for now. How long I'll hold out I don't know. Just installed the rock hard roll cage to make it easier to drop windshield on my jku. Slapped on leveling kit. Now I'm itching for rear elockers and 35s. But after reading through a lot of threads on here about 35s and all the stuff I need to do to the Jeep I may go with 33s instead. Lol.
Just empty every pocket right?
Big Jeep wave from Prosper, Texas.

Last edited:

Napalm

Welcome from Tyler TX! We are having a North East TX SudsNGrub here in Tyler May 9th if you are interested in attending! Everyone is welcome!

CRZRTX

Welcome to Wayalife from League City Texas.

IMO if you go with 33s you will wish you had 35s. Go with 35s and cut your fenders for clearance. We just did this with a stock Jeep a friend of mine has and he loves it. Then when funds are available, put a decent lift on it (IMO).

Welcome to the addiction.

Welcome to the Jeep life from west Houston. I still have never put my windshield down but seems like you love the feeling of it since you bought a cage just to make it easier to do, I will have to try it soon to see how I like it.

tharb5111

Welcome to the Jeep life from west Houston. I still have never put my windshield down but seems like you love the feeling of it since you bought a cage just to make it easier to do, I will have to try it soon to see how I like it.

I love the windshield down. Like riding a boat on the lake or the feeling you get on a bike. Takes it to an entire new level. The cage makes it so easy to take down and put up. And I've had zero leaks. We've had a ton of rain here in dallas the last few weeks do I'm missing it. Always keep sunglasses on. Kids too. We all look like a crazy bunch of wind blown Jeepers with the shades on and the hair flapping but the kids love it. Picking them up from school with doors and top off and windshield down gets them grinning.

tharb5111

Welcome to Wayalife from League City Texas.

IMO if you go with 33s you will wish you had 35s. Go with 35s and cut your fenders for clearance. We just did this with a stock Jeep a friend of mine has and he loves it. Then when funds are available, put a decent lift on it (IMO).

Welcome to the addiction.

I was kinda feeling that way too. Read a lot off comments on the forums where folks say the same as you. Lot to consider. I really want a locker install and regear to 4.10 or higher first. Did you regear? Thanks.

tharb5111

Shield dropped and rock hard 4x4 cage installed.

Pic with shield dropped.

Attachments

• 1430103226240.jpg
    1430103226240.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom