Misfit has arrived!!

JP Girl

I finally picked up my new Rubicon Hard Rock (a.k.a. Misfit) today!! After waiting a month to get her, it was sure worth the wait! I'm seriously digging the new hood on the Hard Rock! She will be my 7th Jeep and without a doubt the best buying experience I've ever had! Bob the dealer (pictured with me) was so awesome with giving me daily updates on her build status as well as sending me a dozen pics once she arrived! Not to mention, he had a Jeep full of goodies for me, including a Jeep hoodie! :) If anyone if the Chicago-Milwaukee area is ever looking for an awesome dealer, go see Bob at Racine Palmen Jeep! Unfortunately it's pouring out today and tomorrow, so better pics will have to wait. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429925552.902553.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429925568.419131.jpg

JP Girl

Congratulations on the new Rubicon. I hope that you have some nice wheeling weather soon.

Thanks! I don't think it's ever going to warm up or stop raining! I just ordered all the new lift parts, wheels and tires, so hopefully by them time they arrive and I have WrenchFest over at the house for the install, it will be warm and dry enough to put it all to work!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nice looking ride! I had one of these pass me the other day in Mequon only difference being that it was a JKU. Since I'm in the market can I ask how good of a deal you got from "Bob"? Since you ordered it I'm only guessing that you paid close to MSRP, but hope I'm wrong.

JP Girl

Nice looking ride! I had one of these pass me the other day in Mequon only difference being that it was a JKU. Since I'm in the market can I ask how good of a deal you got from "Bob"? Since you ordered it I'm only guessing that you paid close to MSRP, but hope I'm wrong.

Thank you!! I ended up doing a custom build for a few reasons... 1. There aren't any Hard Rocks around here for sale. 2. Any that were in a few 100 mile radius had stuff I didn't want like Nav (I'm too ADD for all those shiny buttons and pictures), dual top, side airbags, color match top and fenders, etc. so right off the bat that saved me a ton, then I got a Friends and Family discount that saved me $$... At the end of the day, I paid $33k and Bob got me a 2.75% APR. The thing I liked the most, Bob didn't play the normal car salesman games- taking up 4 hours of your time with going back and fourth on price, etc. and he gave me an awesome trade-in value for my 2012 Jeep. ($4,500 more than what I owed and that was with it having flat fenders, rock crawler exhaust, no back seat or rear seatbelts.)

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Wow, niiice JKR. Sounds like you have a great build plan.

It's always nice with a salesman treats you with respect and doesn't yank your chain. Congratulations :)

JP Girl

Wow, niiice JKR. Sounds like you have a great build plan.

It's always nice with a salesman treats you with respect and doesn't yank your chain. Congratulations :)

Thanks! I'm in love with this thing! :) Agreed, I think it helped a ton that the salesman was a Jeep guy and appreciated the fact that I was a girl who knew her Jeeps! Ha!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
You mention all the cool things that I want:

JKUR
Dual Top
Blue Tooth
Heated Seats
Touch Screen w/NAV

Throw in a possible auto trans = $42K - Thinking $35K would be fair. Based on your info, maybe I'm dream'n.

JP Girl

You mention all the cool things that I want:

JKUR
Dual Top
Blue Tooth
Heated Seats
Touch Screen w/NAV

Throw in a possible auto trans = $42K - Thinking $35K would be fair. Based on your info, maybe I'm dream'n.

I have blue tooth, remote start, heated seats and its auto. I hate the Nav on my husbands 2014 Grand Cherokee, so I didn't want to spend an extra $1400 on something I didn't like or would use. I didn't get the soft top because I learned a secret that you can go to a Jeep dealer and buy a brand new soft top (you'd be surprised at the amount of people that don't want theirs) for next to nothing if you sweet talk the parts manager. :) My aunt just got a brand new OEM soft top for her Jeep for $200 by doing that!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I have blue tooth, remote start, heated seats and its auto. I hate the Nav on my husbands 2014 Grand Cherokee, so I didn't want to spend an extra $1400 on something I didn't like or would use. I didn't get the soft top because I learned a secret that you can go to a Jeep dealer and buy a brand new soft top (you'd be surprised at the amount of people that don't want theirs) for next to nothing if you sweet talk the parts manager. :) My aunt just got a brand new OEM soft top for her Jeep for $200 by doing that!

Lol - I don't think I would have much luck with the sweet talk thing!

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Wish dealers would sell hard tops that customers didn't want, that cheap. Would love a hard top for winter.

JP Girl

Wish dealers would sell hard tops that customers didn't want, that cheap. Would love a hard top for winter.

Having a hard top is the best, especially when you live in the midwest! I do not miss trying to scrape ice and clean dirt off the soft top windows at all! Who knows, maybe you could find a dealer with some spare hard tops laying around that they are willing to let go for cheap!

JP Girl

With less than a month of owning her, we installed Misfits new wheels, tires and lift!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431900569.286856.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431900602.423736.jpg

I got to get in on the action, so I was happy!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431900634.642996.jpg

His and hers Jeeps. Trying to talk the hubby into getting a JKU, or the SRT... But I think the JKU would be more fitting to our lifestyle.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431900705.524844.jpg

Top Bottom