Another addition to the family

David1tontj

Well, after checking and double checking the serial numbers and tub numbers, then cross matching them with production dates it appears I don't have a 1953 CJ-3A afterall. What I have is actually a 1948 CJ-2A. Not too bad!

Phew!! Sure it's not a stolen 53? Haha

Phew!! Sure it's not a stolen 53? Haha

No, I guess they used several different means to produce a vin number. Some used the engine number, some used the serial number and some even used the tub number. It's possible the 1953 used on the title is the year it was first sold to the public, not when it was actually built. From all the sources we've checked about it, it seems to be a common thing to use the year of first sale on the title. Crazy stuff!

David1tontj

No, I guess they used several different means to produce a vin number. Some used the engine number, some used the serial number and some even used the tub number. It's possible the 1953 used on the title is the year it was first sold to the public, not when it was actually built. From all the sources we've checked about it, it seems to be a common thing to use the year of first sale on the title. Crazy stuff!

Glad to hear, but I was hoping to buy that hot jeep from you at an extreme discount. 😔

The adventure begins... Started this morning on the phone with the insurance company. First, their computers don't go back far enough to recognize what kind of vehicle it is so she had to "improvise" a little to get it insured. Next is the dreaded wait at DMV. Might need someone to bring me lunch.

Top Bottom