Attachments

• EVO_Corner_Hole.jpg
    EVO_Corner_Hole.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 364
  • EVO_Corner_left.jpg
    EVO_Corner_left.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Man I love this build[emoji122] and I can't wait for the Corners! Are you color matching or going for black? Also what shocks are you running?

Flat Top

Man I love this build[emoji122] and I can't wait for the Corners! Are you color matching or going for black? Also what shocks are you running?

Thanks for the props. I will be painting black as soon as my lights get in.

I'm running bilstein 5100s for shocks.

Thanks for the props. I will be painting black as soon as my lights get in.

I'm running bilstein 5100s for shocks.

I just recently did my corners black on silver and it looks awesome I think it will look awesome on the green! And thank you I'm deciding on new shocks I would like to get how do you like them?

Flat Top

I just recently did my corners black on silver and it looks awesome I think it will look awesome on the green! And thank you I'm deciding on new shocks I would like to get how do you like them?

I'm not really impressed with my ride, very stiff but that might also be the springs. Looking to go to EVO coilovers in the next year.

Flat Top

Your build is coming together very nicely. How do u like your tire carrier?

It's a decent carrier for the price but the 37's with ATX Slabs are too much for it. The clamp setup on the pivot post can be stiff and the top clamp bolt actually broke 2 weeks ago after my trip to Colorado. I'm switching to the EVO carrier soon, which is the main reason for the rear corner skins.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
It's a decent carrier for the price but the 37's with ATX Slabs are too much for it. The clamp setup on the pivot post can be stiff and the top clamp bolt actually broke 2 weeks ago after my trip to Colorado. I'm switching to the EVO carrier soon, which is the main reason for the rear corner skins.

That was my next question that's what I'm wanting to run is the Evo setup.

I'm not really impressed with my ride, very stiff but that might also be the springs. Looking to go to EVO coilovers in the next year.

What springs are you currently running? I heard bilsteins pair nicely with EVO plush rides! But if you're going with coilovers that's the ultimate goal!

Flat Top

Corners done. Just waiting on Trail Jeeps to ship my EVO carrier. Switching to the Maxxiam tail/reverse lights as well.

20151128_160304.jpg

Flat Top

Been AWOL on the site for a while. Sold one house and moved into another. You know, life happens ;).

Love the new place but I went from a 3 car detached garage to a MUCH smaller 2 bay with a low ceiling, this is going to take some getting used too...... Where do I put all my tools, AND WHAT ABOUT THE HARDTOP!!?? :grayno:

Garage.jpg

So I've been building up my Jeep for the past 4 years telling myself "If I ever want to do this trail, I should go this route" and so forth, but my rig has been a pavement pounder for the most part. I love it as a DD, but outside of a couple trips to Marble Fall here in Texas and a fantasic trip to Estes Park last year it's seem little offroading (the beach does not count).

Maybe I'm going thru somewhat of a midlife crisis but I've decided to make as many trips as I can from now on, starting with The Texas Exodus. This thing sounds like it's going to be absolutly fantastic! It's also a great reason to start tuning up the rig and getting ready for the summer.

I noticed a little clunk below the drivers seat when I would decelerate and turn sharply, things were also getting squeeky underneath. I checked the LCA and bolts were tight but the bushings looked cracked at the frame mounts. Sure enough, after dropping the arms bushing was ripped, they were 4 years old so normal wear and tear I assume. I ordered sets for all 4 lower arms and all looked pretty bad. While I had the arms pulled I also checked the axle side joints which looked good but needed a little lubing.

RKBushings.jpg

No more clunks/squeeks but in checking the track bar I noticed a little wiggle. Need to track down that issue next.

Flat Top

New house with a crappy garage means figuring out where to put the hard top. No way its going in the less than 8 foot ceiling garage. Since I have a trailer I rented a storage unit in the area and assembled an overhead rack for the hard top. No power available and it needed to be freestanding so I put it together from 8' studs without any cuts. It turned out stable and good for long term storage. I prefer the soft top so this will be here a while.

20170219_151006.jpg

First topless for the season. Actually pretty late for SE Texas standards, I see plenty jeeps running around topless pretty much year round!

20170219_160616.jpg

A 100% chance of rain in HTown today meant the soft top is on for the week!.

20170219_171139.jpg

One realization Sunday about the new house while putting the soft top on Sunday. I "occasionally" :D say terms out loud with emphasis and more volume than necessary when working on the Jeep. You know, when you drop that screw and it bounces in the grass and hides.... This garage and driveway is in much closer proximity to neighbors and especially small children than I have had over the past 10 years. Going to need to work on my self control and inner voice.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Nice setup you've got there in your storage unit. But you know, it's just a matter of time before you just sell that thing :D

Top Bottom