Wave from Ohio

OHIORUBICON

New member here from North East Ohio, I just recently bought my JK This is my second jeep previous i owned a 98 TJ for the last 4 years which i loved but it was time for an upgrade. I purchased an 09 JKUR with a 6 speed MT. Current aftermarket parts are LOC rear bumper with tire carrier, rock sliders, warn front bumper and winch. I'll be doing a lift and tires at some point in the not to distant future but need to hold off for a little while.

My other hobbies include, dirt biking, mountain biking, and skiing. So between all that and the jeep I'm heavily considering moving out west away from boring Ohio:brows:

If you see this and are from my area and would like to put some wheeling trips together please get a hold of me. And if by chance any of you are from Colorado also ride dirt bikes (single track) please say hello. Ill be in Taylor park and grand junction this june 6th to 14th on my first riding trip out west and always enjoying making new friends and meeting the locals:beer:

dchew

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE! I'm just East of Chagrin Falls. Let me know if you want to go to Southington any time this summer. It is usually open the first weekend each month. Also if you need some wrench help with the future lift. :thumbs:

Dave

OHIORUBICON

Welcome to WAYALIFE! I'm just East of Chagrin Falls. Let me know if you want to go to Southington any time this summer. It is usually open the first weekend each month. Also if you need some wrench help with the future lift. :thumbs:

Dave

No kidding, I'm just in Lyndhurst probably only 15 minutes away! I've only been to Southington once and would love to go back! I actually know the daughter of the family that owns it, but for one reason or another never make it out there each month...

Although I do ride the dirt bike and occasionally take the jeep to Wellsville if your interested? I know the place like the back of my hand and where to go and not to go ect... I know the reputation the place carries but its great terrain and if you head out on a Sunday or week day the crazy's are pretty cleared out and have the place to yourself!

OHIORUBICON

Welcome to the family.  do you have any pics? Sounds like you have a good start.

Ill have to get some pics up here soon, my life goes about 100mph lately, so I've made time to take the jeep out and wheel it but actually never to take any pictures. I'm admittedly bad about documenting things, I go ride my dirt bike almost every week with a charged ready to go gopro but once I'm out riding and having fun I have no interest in taking the 5 minutes to bother using the damn thing...

dchew

Caught the Bug
Although I do ride the dirt bike and occasionally take the jeep to Wellsville if your interested? I know the place like the back of my hand and where to go and not to go ect... I know the reputation the place carries but its great terrain and if you head out on a Sunday or week day the crazy's are pretty cleared out and have the place to yourself!

I went to Wellsville once. I can see how it would be fun with a bike but we didn't find much for Jeeps. However only one guy I was with had been there only once before. Also ran out of time so we didn't get to explore much. It was during the week, and yeah I think I will stay away from the weekends. :grayno: But I'll try anything twice!

I like Southington because it has more rocks. The trails are short but you can loop around and take different lines; it is a great place to learn. It's is also much more of a "family" atmosphere. Wheeling in Ohio is a bit like skiing in Ohio. Not too exciting but if you pick the right spots you can still gain some experience. :thumb:

Dave

Last edited:

OHIORUBICON

I went to Wellsville once. I can see how it would be fun with a bike but we didn't find much for Jeeps. However only one guy I was with had been there only once before. Also ran out of time so we didn't get to explore much. It was during the week, and yeah I think I will stay away from the weekends. :grayno: But I'll try anything twice!

I like Southington because it has more rocks. The trails are short but you can loop around and take different lines; it is a great place to learn. It's is also much more of a "family" atmosphere. Wheeling in Ohio is a bit like skiing in Ohio. Not too exciting but if you pick the right spots you can still gain some experience. :thumb:

Dave

Plenty of rocks in Wellsville if you know where to find them!! but I would love to make it back to Southington also and check it out again!! Ill be gone the first weekend of June but possibly I could make the July run work!

Top Bottom