what kind of truck do jeep guys prefer

dillard09

Damn..want!

Thanks. I have to say it is fun to drive but after driving the DTD the jeep rides just as good if not better. I just wish the jeep had the balls the raptor has. I guess now the thing to do is LS in the jeep.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I love my little 2004 gmc canyon. I bought it new and it has served me well for many years. To bad the darn salt up here is starting to have its way with it. :-\

Jkgraham1196

For me I went the a 2014 gmc denail with the 6.2 reason I went with it is I can use it as a tow rig with its bigger motor and tranny and you can get them with a rear locker witch mine has and you can make them as fast and you would ever want to go in a 4x4 truck and the best part is it rides like a Cadillac it's just a great do everything truck ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438672080.286317.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I've owned trucks from all of the big 3. If I were to ever get a truck again, it would have to be either a Raptor (because I love bombing through the desert) or a Tacoma, so I can at least retain some off road abilities.

BDSJEEP

Ok here is a question for all jeep guys, you have your jeep but of you were to buy a truck what would it be and why? would you pick smiting that can be significantly modified like a jeep or something way different?
what truck would you use for overlanding if you did not use your jeep?

I ask because I think about buying a truck but I could never get rid of my jeep unless I bought a new one!

I've only ever owned and driven American made, and prefer Mopar. (but have had Chevys and Fords)

I think the day I need a truck to tow my Jeep, I went too far with my Rig....
..and since I come from a "enjoying performance" background ( My daily driver is 500+ HP )

I'd have to go with this (wait for the idle!!):

bsimon187

I've only ever owned and driven American made, and prefer Mopar. (but have had Chevys and Fords)

I think the day I need a truck to tow my Jeep, I went too far with my Rig....
..and since I come from a "enjoying performance" background ( My daily driver is 500+ HP )

I'd have to go with this (wait for the idle!!):

For me the tow vehicle is not about getting there, it's getting home. When you wheel a few hours from home for a weekend, there is always a chance of breaking.

I like to stick to the Jeep family and because I felt they were better than the other brands.... 96 dodge 3500 Cummins Dually with over 250k miles by me and still going with my brother with 300k+. Then up graded to a 04, 3500 dually Cummins with now almost 200k and both will pull the 'gates off hell' as I have tested them a many a time...but now going 'classic' .... 79 J-20....
image.jpg

Top Bottom