Whiskey of the Day

JeepFan

Hooked
LOL!! I intend to but keep getting distracted by fun threads on the forum.

BTW, we finally took Cindy's laptop in today and it's going to be fixed under warranty :yup:

So cool the laptop will be fixed under warranty!

I'm thinking about starting a fun thread called Easy Easy Easy!

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! I intend to but keep getting distracted by fun threads on the forum.

BTW, we finally took Cindy's laptop in today and it's going to be fixed under warranty :yup:

That's good news on the laptop.

More importantly, what whiskey did you end up having. I'll be honest, I missed my wine a little last week. But now after a week, I'm craving some Michters or Willet. Lol.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well, they didn't have American Honey, but you can't go to a wild west saloon, without ordering a whiskey. Wild Turkey.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469323886.734136.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469323905.150070.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Live in a whiskey vat. Maybe this is heaven on earth. For me it'd have to be Michters or Willet. Haven't sampled much else just yet.

As taken from Food and Wine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469662760.330867.jpg

These Houses Made of Whisky Vats Are a Scotch Lover's Dream

The recycled houses were dreamt up by Roger Douda, an American sustainability advocate.

Whisky lovers, your dream piece of real estate awaits. At the Findhorn village in Scotland, every dwelling of the 500-resident "spiritual community" is constructed out of giant, eco-friendly whisky vats.

Whisky lovers, your dream piece of real estate awaits. At the Findhorn village in Scotland, every dwelling of the 500-resident "spiritual community" is constructed out of giant, eco-friendly whisky vats.

According to CNN, the recycled houses were first dreamt up by Roger Douda, an American sustainability advocate with decades-old ties to the well-known spiritual retreat. Douda built his first prototype of the houses as an "innovative exercise in recycling," back in 1986, when he discovered some of the large vats from the Haig and Haig distillery in a nearby warehouse and saw the potential for a unique and boundry-pushing project.

"The question was: what to do with them?" Douda says. He convinced the warehouse to turn the materials over to him and the rest was history. Originally, he intentended to construct a school or community center, "but parents had problems with the idea of their kids being educated in whisky vats." So, he set out to create the village's first permanent residences instead.

Since then, dozens of eco-friendly homes have been built on the land of Findhorn, which has long been regarded as a hub of environmentalism. Now, thousands of visitors pay visit to the village—and the whiskey vat homes—every year as part of an educational program on sustainable living.

"We are part of what's called the Global Ecovillage Network," the 73-year-old Douda says. "I think we have done marvelous things... We are ahead of the game ecologically speaking."

http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/th...e-lovers-dream?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_fw

SilverBack

He needs some whiskey stones! Atleast those won't dilute it
I guess for the lesser whiskies cold might help but I prefer neat as they come. Room temp or warmer from my hand.. Damn, love me some single malt! Used to start with something good and work my way to the Midlevel bar whiskies. Now just the top shelf stuff every now and again!

JAGS

Hooked
Slowly building my whiskey game. Not much to compare to yet, but this is one of my favorites so far.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472696570.748576.jpg

Top Bottom