Removed carpets

el_chupo_

That is an interesting idea. I lined a horse trailer with stall mates. It would make a great cargo area liner. If it wasn't so think, I might use it to line the entire jeep.

Our local farm supply store has 1/2" thick stall mats as well as the normal 1" thick ones.

I dont know what stores you have up there, but Tractor Supply is the big chain store down here, and they sell 4x6 pads in 3/4", and they sell 1/4 and 3/8 by the foot, off a 4ft wide roll. You might see if they can get different thickness.

I have hesitated to pull mine out in fear of excessive road noise. My wife already thinks my jeep is like riding in a jet plane with the swampers howling on the pavement, so the thought of more noise is deterring me.

I can tell you that using a barrier product (mass loaded vinyl, dense rubber, lead sheet, etc) will block road noise transmission significantly better than carpet.

The plan for me is the bed liner to help dampen the road noise a bit (will change the frequency, moving it lower), and then the rubber should help block some of the noise as well.

Of course, tire noise, wind noise, that cannot be stopped in a Jeep...

What kind do you have. I had the rubber ones from Rugged Ridge and they went back in perfectly fine with no issues!
I have the Quadratec ones that use the hook to hold them.

StrizzyChris

I've pulled the carpet on one of my old jeeps, and bought one without carpet....I will never pull my carpet again. I hate the heat of those floors in summer!!!

Top Bottom