Evo bolt in coilovers

bkac

Caught the Bug
Maybe. I want to see if I'm going to keep the two 250s and remove the 200s first before I commit to selling.

noroad

Maybe. I want to see if I'm going to keep the two 250s and remove the 200s first before I commit to selling.

are the 200s for the top as well? we are looking to get all new coils for both jeeps( we want a winter set and nice weather set as they rust up here) so just let me know.

bkac

Caught the Bug
are the 200s for the top as well? we are looking to get all new coils for both jeeps( we want a winter set and nice weather set as they rust up here) so just let me know.

Yes, I'll let you know after I figure it all out. Thanks!

SaddleTramp

where do you get them?

FYI, You can order the springs and parts direct through/from King. I ordered the upper rear 250's direct from King after talking with Eric when I had the bolt-ons, would have ordered from ORE to support a sponsor but didn't figure there was enough profit margin to make it worth while. Had them next day CA to NV shipping.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
No, I can try and find out. I'm swapping my front 250's for 300s so I'll have 200/300 in the front bolt-ons. I'm doing the lever in the rear. 250/300 works great in the rear if you carry a lot of stuff with the bolt-ons. it's a little stiffer ride but you can always play around with the tuning rings to get it to your comfort.

Are you doing the DTD or single lever rear?

The single lever rear is the setup I would like to run. Mall speed bumps are killer.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Are you doing the DTD or single lever rear?

The single lever rear is the setup I would like to run. Mall speed bumps are killer.

I'm going front Bolt-ons with king bumps and rear lever full DTD now. I decided to add bypasses this morning because of Northridge4x4s grest deals right now!

jgarz05

I purchased mine in stages similar to what you're thinking and it helped me afford what I wanted while feeling like I was making progress along the way.

After I had all the parts to the kit we took a weekend to do the install and did it at one time.

The long arms are still on my list but I didn't want to wait so I purchased EVO's lower control arms. This set up is perfectly great even if I never upgrade to the long arms. Although I still want to upgrade to long arms I have found that there are a few other upgrades that I want to do before the long arms such as a ram assist.

Looking forward to seeing your build come together! 👍

That's what I've been look for haha thank you! This summer is gunna be driveshafts and synergy high steer so I won't be doing the front till December I'll be sure to keep my build thread going and will most likely make a write up for the coilovers with lots of pictures!

dchew

Caught the Bug
I'm going front Bolt-ons with king bumps and rear lever full DTD now. I decided to add bypasses this morning because of Northridge4x4s grest deals right now!

Exactly what I'm doing. Added the bypasses to the order a few weeks ago. :yup:

The front will stay as-is for now with King bumps and bolt-ons. The rear bolt-ons are coming out and lever DTD is going in.

Dave

jgarz05

Exactly what I'm doing. Added the bypasses to the order a few weeks ago. :yup:

The front will stay as-is for now with King bumps and bolt-ons. The rear bolt-ons are coming out and lever DTD is going in.

Dave

Sell me your rear!!

Last edited:

dchew

Caught the Bug
I will PM you. You can have them, but you might want to check my build thread first; rust has not been my friend. You would probably still have to buy some parts...

Dave

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
so if I'm understanding correctly, could I get say a DoubleD Pro setup with the long arms and bolt on coilovers, and then upgrade the coilovers to add the bypass later without replacing the coilovers?

bkac

Caught the Bug
so if I'm understanding correctly, could I get say a DoubleD Pro setup with the long arms and bolt on coilovers, and then upgrade the coilovers to add the bypass later without replacing the coilovers?

No, you have to get the dtd brackets in the front. It's a complete different kit and coilover from the bolt-on kit. You can do it just make sure you do it from the beginning and don't buy the front bolt-on kit. On top of that you will have to come up with a bumpstop solution for the front without bypasses for the meantime.

Top Bottom