Rock sliders

TJ4fun

Hey guys and gals, I need a little advice. I have to lose my step, works well for for protecting my jeep from rocks but where it bolts up, it will interfere with the installation of 35 inch tires. I have looked at Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, but some say because they use the body mounts for a mounting location, vibration is a problem. Any suggestions? I do like the looks of the Rocker Knockers as well though. What do you all recommend?
Thanks.

Well if you still want a step and sliders that will hold up to anything get the lod. If your not worried about a step any longer the Evo sliders can't be beat. The lod sliders are bolt on or weld on and the evos are strictly weld on.

GR8WHITE

I got PS rocker knockers (body mounted) on my rig and like them a lot. There pretty worthless as a step but are great rock sliders. The body creaks a little when you have the weight of the jeep on them.

Edit: just noticed he was talking tj and not jk.... Lol

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Well if you still want a step and sliders that will hold up to anything get the lod. If your not worried about a step any longer the Evo sliders can't be beat. The lod sliders are bolt on or weld on and the evos are strictly weld on.

lol, for a tj?
but evo dose make boat side ones for a tj.

TJ4fun

Lod

Great suggestion, regarding LOD. I'm really wanting to avoid welding anything to the frame until maybe a Long arm. Thanks ill check out LOD.

TJ4fun

TJ, im out numbered

Yes I realize I am out numbered with all these JKs, but the TJ is a fantastic Jeep. I would say a Mountain goat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run the LoD rocker guards on my TJ and felt they really worked out well for my needs.

DSC08106.jpg

Rccrwlr

I run white knuckle off road sliders on my CJ. They are frame mounted. They make the same style for a TJ that are frame mounted as well.

I do like the LoD on the JK for the step. It's a bit high on our to use as a step but it looks like the TJ version is quite a bit different.

Rccrwlr

I run white knuckle off road sliders on my CJ. They are frame mounted. They make the same style for a TJ that are frame mounted as well.

I do like the LoD on the JK for the step. It's a bit high on our to use as a step but it looks like the TJ version is quite a bit different.

I do want to put a disclaimer on the White Knuckle sliders. There is a 3/4 gap to the CJ body. I did come down hard(driver error) on the and either they flexed or the body moved and the body took some damage.

David1tontj

Yes I realize I am out numbered with all these JKs, but the TJ is a fantastic Jeep. I would say a Mountain goat.

I have the fab fours sliders. They have a little bit of a step, and I have beat them pretty hard and they have held up well despite only being body mounted like most of the Tj rails.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431900872.899319.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431900965.754894.jpg

Moabbnd

A little late to the party here, but I'd recommend the PSC Rocker Knockers. I did a lot of research when purchasing my set and it all came down to who has the best coverage underneath. Very nice sliders and they have taken a beating so far with no issues.

Another company to look into is the Savvy Offroad sliders. They've got an aluminum base with a bolt on steel slider

Attachments

• 11209635_1137547839605300_2162921070902906055_n.jpg
    11209635_1137547839605300_2162921070902906055_n.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

TJ4fun

Thanks, Rocker knockers sound great. No vibration issues? Looks like the Knocker just goes around the body mount and a body mount bolt actually does not go through the knocker...correct?

Moabbnd

Thanks, Rocker knockers sound great. No vibration issues? Looks like the Knocker just goes around the body mount and a body mount bolt actually does not go through the knocker...correct?

Correct, the slider wraps around the bolt. I have a 1.25" body lift, so I had to trim a small amount of the body mount to compensate for the added 3/16" thickness. No body lift has the slider between the body mount outrigger and the upper body mount puck.

I had some creaking when I first installed them, but it has settled and doesn't creak anymore

suicideking

I have the Poison Spyder sliders and not impressed with their clearance or how they mount. I will eventually replace mine with the Savvy which is a combo Aluminum base and steel slider. Weight savings and much better clearance.

Attachments

• Savvy.jpg
    Savvy.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 84
Top Bottom