Pretty Discouraged

SLAPSHOT

So some of you know I just got back into the JK jeep game. Since I bought my new ride I've had the jeep on the road maybe 4 times. It's been in the shop most of this time with drive ability issues. So the dynamic sensor has to be replaced along with components for the traction control and the ESC or Esp as some know it. Also the dealer close to home (NOT THEN ONE I BOUGHT THE JEEP FROM) found my pitman arm and track bar so loose that it could have ended badly for me any day. Now this is a Jeep Certified vehicle. WTF kind of jack leg dealer certifies a ride and has major problems like that go? I had my one year old son riding with me what if I wrecked and killed him. This is not the way I wanted to experience getting back into a JK.

on the bright side this is all covered under warranty.

Just goes to show buying used and even certified is not always the best. Keep a detailed record of what is found. Your states lemon law may come into effect. What I would think about is contacting the dealer you bought it from and letting them know what has been found. However I do caution you, doing so could get your Jeep flagged.

R/
Will

SLAPSHOT

What's bad is how damn sketchy it is to drive bucking,darting,weaving,braking on its own. I've contacted the dealer purchased from and will be discussing in detail my issues. I hope I'm not flagged. I have the jeep back since parts can't be installed until monday. Hope this fixes the probs.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What's bad is how damn sketchy it is to drive bucking,darting,weaving,braking on its own. I've contacted the dealer purchased from and will be discussing in detail my issues. I hope I'm not flagged. I have the jeep back since parts can't be installed until monday. Hope this fixes the probs.

You could have pulled the fuse and it would disable esp.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I hear ya. Sometimes you just need to vent. Just stay cool & don't loose it on them. Sometimes ya just gotta play the game. You've got 3 months of warranty so let them sort it out. It sucks to lay down cash & feel like you got burnt, but at the end of it they will have gone over your jeep 50 times and you'll be better off than if you hadn't gotten that warranty.

Mikead40

Your right I did just need to vent. I'll keep my cool to try not to get flagged

All Jeeps have *ahem* "personalities"...Little quirks that can be really annoying, but ultimately get worked out. God knows mine (which was bought new) has had them. Not to minimize your safety concerns though, as they are undoubtedly legitimate - but it sounds like it will be an easy fix and you'll have your JK back on the road (and off-road) soon. I'd go through it pretty thoroughly and check torque specs on important bolts, change out fluids etc, but I'm willing to bet this Jeep will bring you a lot more fun than heartache in the future. :beer:

jeeeep

Hooked
contact the state consumer atty general and your local news media they all usually have someone that deals with consumer issues.

Yes, it's a used vehicle and usually sold "As is" but if they certified it and supposedly inspected it, they may be responsible for the repairs.

Don't jack around, one chance to make it right and done..move on to more persuasive means. :twocents:

SLAPSHOT

Well looks like most of the bugs are worked out minus the steering wheel turned to the right couple inches. Guy doing alignments couldn't get it dead center. I have a procal OTW to help this should be here tomorrow. Back on the road :thumb:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Well looks like most of the bugs are worked out minus the steering wheel turned to the right couple inches. Guy doing alignments couldn't get it dead center. I have a procal OTW to help this should be here tomorrow. Back on the road :thumb:

Centering the steering wheel is extremely easy. Wonder why that guy couldn't do it.

SLAPSHOT

I do have a 3.5 rough country lift with a longer pitman arm that causes the angles to be different. He said there machine was pitching a fit and wouldn't let him center it up

Eugene the Jeep

I do have a 3.5 rough country lift with a longer pitman arm that causes the angles to be different. He said there machine was pitching a fit and wouldn't let him center it up

I had the same lift and I was never able to keep the pitman arm tight on the steering box. I ended up doing the synergy flip kit and putting the stock arm back on. It drives better then new now.

Top Bottom