Soft top washing

jkwebbie

Ao I just finished up washing my Jeep and was wondering what everyone uses to keep their soft top looking like new? It seems like its nearly impossible to clean the mud stains on my soft top. Has anyone ever used armor all on their soft top or anything like that? Thanks for the help guys!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have used the bestop cleaner and it works well. I don't use it as often as the bottle says to but that's because it holds up pretty well.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I use Black Magic foaming tire cleaner. Using a sponge to remove the excess from the top. I also use it lightly on my tires and across my frame, axles, and suspension. Makes everything look better then new. Why Black Magic? Only one I saw at the local parts store that did not explicitly say to KEEP AWAY FROM PAINTED SURFACES.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I use Black Magic foaming tire cleaner. Using a sponge to remove the excess from the top. I also use it lightly on my tires and across my frame, axles, and suspension. Makes everything look better then new. Why Black Magic? Only one I saw at the local parts store that did not explicitly say to KEEP AWAY FROM PAINTED SURFACES.

Did it say "don't drink, harmful if swallowed"? If not, bottoms up buddy.

David1tontj

Have you noticed any clouding/ negative effects on any of the windows where it may have accidentally gotten on them, or are you just super careful when applying? Just curious. I think I am going to try this.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Have you noticed any clouding/ negative effects on any of the windows where it may have accidentally gotten on them, or are you just super careful when applying? Just curious. I think I am going to try this.

I am pretty careful not to get it on the windows. If I do, I use a damp cloth to immediately remove it. I have clouding from other organics being left on the windows for too long but the clouding seems to go away after awhile.

David1tontj

I am pretty careful not to get it on the windows. If I do, I use a damp cloth to immediately remove it. I have clouding from other organics being left on the windows for too long but the clouding seems to go away after awhile.

Yeah, I imagine it would be pretty bad for windows.

I can't wait to try it. My top looks like crap.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Yep. Used it on my 2007 and my 2015. Highly recommended. If you can't find it locally they sell it on amazon.

speed3d

Does it work well?

Just got it- the only cleaner I've found so far specifically promoted for the soft tops, so I'll have to let you know. I've only had my jeep a month & haven't done any hardcore off-road yet, but needed something because birds hate me!

TwistedJK

Just got it- the only cleaner I've found so far specifically promoted for the soft tops, so I'll have to let you know. I've only had my jeep a month & haven't done any hardcore off-road yet, but needed something because birds hate me!

Lol. I went to a movie theater a few years ago and parked underneath a light post away from other people. When I went back to the the car it was covered in bird crap and fish. There was an osprey nest on the light.

speed3d

Lol. I went to a movie theater a few years ago and parked underneath a light post away from other people. When I went back to the the car it was covered in bird crap and fish. There was an osprey nest on the light.

I had just finished washing & waxing my jeep for the first time (in my driveway), and a bird flew over & gave me a new white racing stripe from front to rear!

Spudcannons

I have used the bestop cleaner and it works well. I don't use it as often as the bottle says to but that's because it holds up pretty well.

The be stop cleaner is great. I also use zipper cleaner to keep the zippers lubed and free of dirt and road grime.

Top Bottom