High Jack stands for lift installation??

tonytony9

I am looking to install a 2.5 inch lift on my jeep. Where did you guys buy your high jack stands? I want to be able to hold the body up and drop the axles.

Let me know!

jeeper52

LOSER
I am looking to install a 2.5 inch lift on my jeep. Where did you guys buy your high jack stands? I want to be able to hold the body up and drop the axles.

Let me know!

Ebay, they were spendy but worth every penny. I thinki paid $425ish for all 4.

Attachments

• 20150405_141049.jpg
    20150405_141049.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 237

OJK12

Get a set of 6 ton Jack stands from harbor freight, you can get them on sale for a set of two $35 and they work great for installing lifts.

jeeeep

Hooked
Be sure to check the teeth and lock saddle to make sure they have good contact/locking pattern before you buy.

I bought some and took them back, the teeth and saddle mechanism didn't have enough contact and with a little movement it would unlock and drop, glad I didn't have the jeep up very high nor the tire off yet.

I found a set of Goodyear stands, they have great a good teeth to saddle pattern and a secondary lock pin to secure it, IMO important when you have something lifted at it's maximum height.

If you have a Northern Tool nearby, they carry the tall stands and also double locking smaller stands

mcicero

Ebay, they were spendy but worth every penny. I thinki paid $425ish for all 4.

Those look very handy. You have any more info on them? Also what do you use to get the vehicle that high? When I did my lift I had the 6 ton HF stands and used my high lift. It worked but felt a little unsteady getting it up so high with the high lift.

Last edited:

tonytony9

Be sure to check the teeth and lock saddle to make sure they have good contact/locking pattern before you buy.

I bought some and took them back, the teeth and saddle mechanism didn't have enough contact and with a little movement it would unlock and drop, glad I didn't have the jeep up very high nor the tire off yet.

I found a set of Goodyear stands, they have great a good teeth to saddle pattern and a secondary lock pin to secure it, IMO important when you have something lifted at it's maximum height.

If you have a Northern Tool nearby, they carry the tall stands and also double locking smaller stands

How high do those stands get you up to though? Because I already have jack stands.

jeeper52

LOSER
Those look very handy. You have any more info on them? Also what do you use to get the vehicle that high? When I did my lift I had the 6 ton HF stands and used my high lift. It worked but felt a little unsteady getting it up so high with the high lift.

You can use an engine hoist to lift the jeep as high as you want. They are 10ton and can extend all the way to 45". Way over kill but i bought them for the height so i didn't have to be laying on my back all day.

terrabit

I picked up a 4 piece 30x30" (5x5' assembled) pad that I get way more use out of than my jack stands. That said, quality jack stands were one of my first purchases when I started working on my jeep.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432403979.158209.jpg

holaCG

I have the double locking Torin ones from northern tool in the 6 and 12 ton variety. They have done everything I needed but I would really like some of those monsters that jeeper52 had and the engine hoist to get me of my back... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432403012.738247.jpg

I used heavy duty Jack stands for to install my 3 inch lift in my driveway.

Or you can just spend the money and get a lift for your garage. :thumb:

Top Bottom