2" Mopar lift with 34.50x12.50 possible?

Southpaw1746

I have a 2015 Sport. I'm looking to get a 2" Mopar lift and place 17x9 rims with LT315/70R17 (34.50 x 12.50) wheels on.
My question is... Will 2" be sufficient? I'm only looking to use my jeep as a daily driver. No trails. Also, will I be able to keep my stock fenders without any modifications? Will gears be ok? Or are 5:13 recommended?
Thanks ahead of time. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432483339.350864.jpg

jedg

You should be okay. I'm running 2" of actual lift with 35's that measure 34 actual. You may want to look at the pinch seams just to be sure you're okay with them.

JK-JOHN-E

You'll be fine. That's what I run... 2" BB and you shouldn't have to trim the pinch seems, I didn't and it has been fine with 35's

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have a 2015 Sport. I'm looking to get a 2" Mopar lift and place 17x9 rims with LT315/70R17 (34.50 x 12.50) wheels on.
My question is... Will 2" be sufficient? I'm only looking to use my jeep as a daily driver. No trails. Also, will I be able to keep my stock fenders without any modifications? Will gears be ok? Or are 5:13 recommended?
Thanks ahead of time.

If you plan on reusing the stock rims you will need wheel spacers as the stock rims do not have enough back spacing for 12.50 wide tires.

Since you do not plan on driving your Jeep off road 2" will be fine. But if you ever change your mind you will either need to trim your fenders or change your lift.

As for the gears. You will feel a loss of power by putting on the bigger tires. First get a programmer to change your shift points and correct your speedo then consider regearing. Also, I would go bigger than 4.88s as you have the D30 front axle. The Ring teeth will be small and you run the risk of breaking them.

One other thing to worry about is your front Cs. They have a tendency of bending with bigger tires, even with just road use. Plan on putting gussets on them.

Southpaw1746

Thanks for the input all! I definitely going to change the rims so I won't need a back spacer.
I would've went with 5:13 gears if not advised that 4:88 would be more advisable.
I appreciate the replies.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the input all! I definitely going to change the rims so I won't need a back spacer.
I would've went with 5:13 gears if not advised that 4:88 would be more advisable.
I appreciate the replies.

I think you chose the right gear ratio for a front D30 with 35s. You will be spot on with 4.88s.

You can put JKUR springs on it and get 2" of lift. That's what I did. It may or may not be a better option for you. But it is less expensive.
See my thread about it at:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=27484

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I rarely recommend this but if you only plan to drive your jeep on the street I would probably do 4.56 if gas mileage is a concern.

Southpaw1746

I wouldn't mind the gas milage. But I think I'd prefer the power of passing as well as not getting bogged down on up hills. Thanks though!! 👍🏼

Top Bottom