EVO ProTek Skid System for Rubicon

blackrubi14

Does the the EVO ProTek skid system add to what a Rubicon comes with from the factory or will it replace the factory skid plate. 2014 JKUR auto transmission.

Last edited:

blackrubi14

It adds to what comes stock. That was the first thing I did to mine install is straight forward.
Are you happy with the ProTek system?

I'm trying to decide between that or the M.O.R.E skid plate, I'm just not sure about the M.O.R.E skid plate mounting to the motor mounts versus the EVO one mounting directly to the oil pan.

NM2012CherryJK

Are you happy with the ProTek system?

I'm trying to decide between that or the M.O.R.E skid plate, I'm just not sure about the M.O.R.E skid plate mounting to the motor mounts versus the EVO one mounting directly to the oil pan.

I have know experience with M.O.R.E but I'm really happy with the ProTek. Seems to me it would be easier to just mount it to the oil pan directly, I just installed it while I changed my oil. They seem to be holding up very well.

hudginsja

I have the protek skids on my jkur and I love them. They hold up well and give me piece of mind. Don't have any experience with other skid systems.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Does the the EVO ProTek skid system add to what a Rubicon comes with from the factory or will it replace the factory skid plate. 2014 JKUR auto transmission.

Both, it adds skids and replaces the factory transmission skid which is just a bar. I like it so far on my 2015. I put it on and immediately tested it out...took a good beating right away and held up fine so I give it two thumbs up.

blackrubi14

Both, it adds skids and replaces the factory transmission skid which is just a bar. I like it so far on my 2015. I put it on and immediately tested it out...took a good beating right away and held up fine so I give it two thumbs up.

Thanks for the explanation . That'll be good as I've already bent the factory transmission skid plate (bar). I think I'll go with the EVO skid system.

ak49

I have the protek on my 13 jkur. only thing I wish it had which I will be adding soon is a skid for the transfer case.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the factory transfer case skid is not only good, it's BETTER than some of the aftermarket skids out there.

el_chupo_

D89F8613-CBCA-45E1-9723-D45D2E7EF609_zpserpxiute.jpg

Picture of the full ProTek skids on my 12 JKUR, shows them all.

scull20

Just a quick question...the full ProTEK skid system for the 12+ unlimited does NOT come with a transfer case skid, correct?

I only ask, because if the full system came with it then I would order the parts separately because I intend to use the factory transfer case skid.

Just a quick question...the full ProTEK skid system for the 12+ unlimited does NOT come with a transfer case skid, correct?

I only ask, because if the full system came with it then I would order the parts separately because I intend to use the factory transfer case skid.

It does come with it but if you have long arms they may not work. Honestly I just run the trans and oil skids. The factory t-case and fuel skids work really well. You can purchase any of the skids separately just have to call.

scull20

It does come with it but if you have long arms they may not work. Honestly I just run the trans and oil skids. The factory t-case and fuel skids work really well. You can purchase any of the skids separately just have to call.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

trailless

Caught the Bug
You'd be wise to get skids. The transmission line is extremely vulnerable in a stock JKUR. Getting the whole protek system would be a ease of mind as you drag your Jeep over some rocks or even curb or two.

trailless

Caught the Bug
You definitely wheel more than I do but after seeing where the tranny line crosses over, I would always worry about it. Maybe I'm being overly cautious.

Silver Surfer

I love My Protek system I have the oil trans and crossmember as mentioned before the Transfer case is a thick skid and great for all the stuff I slide on the only other one I want to change now is the fuel while the oem is decent it is all bent up and maybe loosing fuel space. because of the big dents in it. I never took it off so I do not know if it is affecting the fuel cell ( tank ) or not.

Top Bottom