EVO ProTek Skid System for Rubicon

I love My Protek system I have the oil trans and crossmember as mentioned before the Transfer case is a thick skid and great for all the stuff I slide on the only other one I want to change now is the fuel while the oem is decent it is all bent up and maybe loosing fuel space. because of the big dents in it. I never took it off so I do not know if it is affecting the fuel cell ( tank ) or not.

If you just wait when it's low or empty you can drop the entire tank and skid. Hammer it out then re-install it :thumb:

Silver Surfer

If you just wait when it's low or empty you can drop the entire tank and skid. Hammer it out then re-install it :thumb:

True But that is alot of work lol I like Big Bear and up at least once a month wheeling. 2.5 " lift on a 2 dr is not alot for john bull or holcomb creek do able but not high enough haha

LeighP

Quick question for those with the ProTek engine/auto/crossover skid system......do you notice any NVH transfer from the pan mounted skid through to the trans/crossover skids that are bolted to the crossmember?
Just about to pull the trigger on this system and a friend mentioned I should look at any noticeable NVH issue.
Thanks.

jkbarnett

Quick question for those with the ProTek engine/auto/crossover skid system......do you notice any NVH transfer from the pan mounted skid through to the trans/crossover skids that are bolted to the crossmember?
Just about to pull the trigger on this system and a friend mentioned I should look at any noticeable NVH issue.
Thanks.

What's NVH ?

CJW

Thanks.

Engine and trans are rubber mounted and the skids bolt to them directly. The skids vibrate with the engine and trans. So no transfer of vibes there. The crossover skid bolts to the frame crossmember and nothing else so no vibrations there either. If you use an exhaust spacer the exhaust will hit the crossmember skid though and vibrate. You can clearance for that though.

LeighP

Thanks for that....its really hard to tell from the available pics exactly how the pieces fit together...and the EVO site doesn't explain it. Now that I know it doesn't actually bolt int one big piece, that helps. :thumb:

Kalums

So I was looking at this kit the other day, will I need the exhaust spacer for a 13' JKU with an auto?

Ha never mind, found my answer in the installation write up comments. 😆

Last edited:

SilverBack

Thanks.

No difference from stock that I have noticed. Top on or off. Granted, I've not mounted a mic or vibration sensor. However, my highly trained ears and finely tune posterior have detected no difference after adding this system to my super quiet and smooth riding JKUR!

LeighP

I installed the skids along with the Rancho 2" lift, so I cannot speak to any vibrations solely from the skids, but I did not notice any difference, or any annoying vibrations to worry about.

Skid install write up: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/evo-mfg-protek-skid-system-for-2012-jk

That should give you a better idea of how it goes in. Used that on my phone during the install, very helpful.

Brilliant! Thanks for the link....great write up and the pics really help. I'm ordering the system this afternoon. :yup:

Thanks to all who replied to my query.

JKWrang

My protek got a few big dents and bangs on my trip to field and forest in NH. Definitely saved me a lot of headaches and protected my jeep. Kind of hugs my exhaust a little but hey. Saved it!

Top Bottom