Jeeps stinger seriously injures girl in crash

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've seen billboards saying stuff like, " Hurt in a wreck? Need a check?" They seem to imply that they're gonna get you money when we all know not every case wins.

Totally different issue. The letter example trailless gave is a direct contact solicitation with an individual with whom the lawyer has no prior relationship. That is a no-no.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
EVERYTHING is about Politics, you imbecile. If you don't agree, you're a leftist, pot smoking hippie, who probably bad mouths your country.

If you don't think that someone's political beliefs are material in how they value/assess the relevance of individual responsibility or if those beliefs affect someone's disposition to support/despise government regulations (ie banning stingers/aftermarket bumpers) you're not well anchored in reality.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If you don't think that someone's political beliefs are material in how they value/assess the relevance of individual responsibility or if those beliefs affect someone's disposition to support/despise government regulations (ie banning stingers/aftermarket bumpers) you're not well anchored in reality.

I put a strong emphasis in people's religious beliefs and whether they have a set of standards that guide their decisions and what make up their moral fabric. So I guess I DON'T let someone's political beliefs define who they are to me. But that's just me....

Edit: Queue long rant with large words, complex phrases and lack of punctuation. :yup:

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I put a strong emphasis in people's religious beliefs and whether they have a set of standards that guide their decisions and what make up their moral fabric. So I guess I DON'T let someone's political beliefs define who they are to me. But that's just me....

I agree that religious beliefs have a strong role in someone's values. In the topic at hand I don't think they are mutually exclusive. The Christian would feel compassion and perhaps extend charity. But the political side still is relevant on the person's temperature for individual responsibility and appetite for additional regulations. Im gonna doubt that you're going to be able to find scripture stating that it is wrong to hold individuals accountable for their actions or scripture that addresses government regulation of automotive accessories. Like it or not, that has everything to do with political beliefs.

Edit. Pointless conversation. Frank and I will never see eye to eye on anything. That probably even includes Jeeps.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Politics and religion...just more labels in my book. Douchebaggery and/or integrity are not exclusive to the right or to the left (religious or political).

Intellect and experience make you who you are...the rest is just labels.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Politics and religion...just more labels in my book. Douchebaggery and/or integrity are not exclusive to the right or to the left (religious or political).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432875523.565523.jpg :bowdown:

MTG

Caught the Bug

As a general rule I find people that rely solely on politics and/or religion to formulate their beliefs to be the most boring, hypocritical and self-righteous. Fortunately they typically go hand in hand and it's easy to remove simple-minded people like that from one's life.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
as a general rule i find people that rely solely on politics and/or religion to formulate their beliefs to be the most boring, hypocritical and self-righteous. Fortunately they typically go hand in hand and it's easy to remove simple-minded people like that from one's life.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432876125.805556.jpg pow!

I know I am responding to an old thread but I saw this as a link and started reading.... Ugh all 24 pages... lol... A

Anyway, to give my two cents... I saw an accident several years back where a BMW (I think 3 series) sedan for some odd reason entered the freeway and literally made a left at the onramp thus putting it perpendicular to the flow of traffic... The car was T-boned by a moving truck doing about 60 - 70 mph. The moving truck was probably rolling at around 10-15 thousand pounds net (not a semi, just a bobtail). Well anyway I pulled over and pronouced the young girl driving dead on site... No arterial pulse and the eyes were almost bugged out from the sockets... The head never touch the moving truck and there was even a side curtain airbag that did deploy correctly. However the impact snapped her neck.

Truthfully the stinger may have and from blood looks like it came in contact with the occupant of the sedan in this thread. But a full JK at over 5,000 pounds, rolling at freeway speeds without the stinger to slow the main impact of the vehicle if it was equipped with a stock bumper could have the same or even more instantly fatal result. The side curtain airbags as mentioned in a few post I don't believe were ever designed for the vehicle to get slammed by 5,000 or more pounds with the kinetic energy of 50 plus miles an hour behind it. I believe the outcome may not have been any better with a stock bumper...

Just my 2 cents.....

Swabby

All I can say is I hit a deer broadside with my Jeep (with a stinger) going 50 mph. Without that stinger I would have had the deer in the front seat with me undoubtedly and that intrusion might well have killed me. I hit that poor animal, he died instantly, and his body flew through the air all the way to the fences on the right. Sorry, but I am sure the stinger saved my life or at least kept me from serious injury and the jeep would have been a mess. As it was all that got hurt was my license plate and holder and my front LED lights got bent back just about 10 degrees. Scared the crap out of me. 2 lane road, no traffic, middle of the day, the deer ran out of an orchard on the left. Two years ago and still think about it.

jesse3638

Hooked
All I can say is I hit a deer broadside with my Jeep (with a stinger) going 50 mph. Without that stinger I would have had the deer in the front seat with me undoubtedly and that intrusion might well have killed me. I hit that poor animal, he died instantly, and his body flew through the air all the way to the fences on the right. Sorry, but I am sure the stinger saved my life or at least kept me from serious injury and the jeep would have been a mess. As it was all that got hurt was my license plate and holder and my front LED lights got bent back just about 10 degrees. Scared the crap out of me. 2 lane road, no traffic, middle of the day, the deer ran out of an orchard on the left. Two years ago and still think about it.

Same happened to me on my way up to the Carson City Mall Crawl last year. 10PM blind corner and here come 2 deer. Steered and missed mama but baby was right behind her and I went right over top of it like a speed bump. Though it was smaller I could only have imagined had I not had that on there or worse yet in my wife's Rogue.

Last edited:

Yeahright

Here in Queensland Australia stingers are not allowed in any way, bull bars as they are known here or bumpers have to be designed so that they don't push a pedestrian under the vehicle, there for any hoop on a bumper must have the hoop at an angle toward the bonnet of the vehicle, this way the pedestrian is not forced under the vehicle by the angle of the bumper. (See ARB stubby for example). Now this has been a huge debate for over 20 years because over here it is the farmers on remote properties that need big bumpers, when travelling big distances with open ranches and no fencing and cattle, kangaroos and pigs all over the place, on many occasions the animal hit ends up in the front of the car after being hit and either causing injury or death to the occupants, but the design is safe to pedestrians and other road users. Just a bit of trivia for you over there, to see the differences between countries.

Top Bottom