Jeeps stinger seriously injures girl in crash

JAGS

Hooked
The sad thing about all this shit talking in over 200 posts is no where has the family publicly mentioned anything about a lawsuit. This entire thread is based on speculation taken from, get this, another Internet forum.

I actually did some research and looking into. The last thing the family of the car driver is really worried about (publicly) is money. Or a lawsuit. Or placing blame.

Again, much speculation about speculation. Folks shouldn't get their panties in a bunch on this thread. And none of us should make light of the actual issue and all those involved.

What I take from this tragic accident is that our lives can change in an instant. Go give your family a hug and tell them you love them before running off to school or work.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
The sad thing about all this shit talking in over 200 posts is no where has the family publicly mentioned anything about a lawsuit. This entire thread is based on speculation taken from, get this, another Internet forum.

I actually did some research and looking into. The last thing the family of the car driver is really worried about (publicly) is money. Or a lawsuit. Or placing blame.

Again, much speculation about speculation. Folks shouldn't get their panties in a bunch on this thread. And none of us should make light of the actual issue and all those involved.

What I take from this tragic accident is that our lives can change in an instant. Go give your family a hug and tell them you love them before running off to school or work.

Absolutely! I always tell my wife every day no matter what.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

They posted a picture of the girl dying in a hospital bed. That was for money.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

I gotta say I looked at the facebook page. If one of my loved ones were in a hospital bed suffering AND/OR dying no way in hell would I ever post some pics like that. That is fucking bullshit on anybody's part.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

Even if the family isn't asking for money, filing suit, or placing blame elsewhere, there are quite a few here who fail to grasp the concept of individual responsibility (hence the title of this thread).

JAGS

Hooked

Yes, in that sense as family members (extended) set up the go fund. I was more mentioning in the realm of retribution from the other driver.

I gotta say I looked at the facebook page. If one of my loved ones were in a hospital bed suffering AND/OR dying no way in hell would I ever post some pics like that. That is fucking bullshit on anybody's part.

Agree with you. Nor would I want something like that posted.

Wardell

I actually did some research and looking into. The last thing the family of the car driver is really worried about (publicly) is money.

I was bored at work last night, so I actually found that other forum the post came from (it's not even a Jeep forum). Apparently the family has started a "go fund me" campaign to raise money for the medical bills, so they are worried about money even if they aren't stating that to the news. As tragic as all this incident is, I'd be more worried that they put a 16 year old novice driver behind the wheel of a rental car. Even if not for the mistake she made, it would have been against the rental policy for the girl to drive (most rental companies require someone to be at least 18 to be listed on the policy) and that has probably voided most of the coverage they would have had. They're probably ruined financially for this, and I can see them turning to an ambulance chasing lawyer if he promises any hope of getting a payout from the owner of the Jeep. Apparently there's no law against a stinger in Utah, but there does seem to be one requiring a full width bumper. Since the Jeep has a stubby bumper, there might be some sort of civil case they could make even though it has nothing to do with the part that has everyone over there crying bloody murder.

This thread is full of fail. I feel dumber for reading it all. FML

Honestly though, there's a lot more stupid going on in the other forum. Stingers are "killer bumper battering rams." Large off road tires are bad because they couldn't stop in time (even if there wouldn't have been much time to react anyway). Lifts are bad, bumper is too high. Even lowered track cars are bad. Put all that on a trailer... but then you have a huge trailer to cause a bigger accident. Someone even tried to say if she was t-boned by a semi it would have been more survivable. That's where I stopped reading. You just can't make up that kind of stupid. And there was plenty of asshattery in the comments there too.

As far as I see it this is a tragic accident, nothing more. Lives have changed (including those who weren't injured), and it has nothing to do with a piece of metal on a bumper. I wish people could see past that and stop trying to place blame. This is a time when they should be giving support to the survivors, not arguing over them and pointing fingers.

Last edited:

David1tontj

I've been thinking about this one every since reading the whole thread last night.

My sympathy to all involved.

On the bumper topic- what if it had been a cop car with a big metal push bar on the front? That's not a stock bumper either. Probably would've done quite some damage as well.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I was bored at work last night, so I actually found that other forum the post came from (it's not even a Jeep forum). Apparently the family has started a "go fund me" campaign to raise money for the medical bills, so they are worried about money even if they aren't stating that to the news. As tragic as all this incident is, I'd be more worried that they put a 16 year old novice driver behind the wheel of a rental car. Even if not for the mistake she made, it would have been against the rental policy for the girl to drive (most rental companies require someone to be at least 18 to be listed on the policy) and that has probably voided most of the coverage they would have had. They're probably ruined financially for this, and I can see them turning to an ambulance chasing lawyer if he promises any hope of getting a payout from the owner of the Jeep. Apparently there's no law against a stinger in Utah, but there does seem to be one requiring a full width bumper. Since the Jeep has a stubby bumper, there might be some sort of civil case they could make even though it has nothing to do with the part that has everyone over there crying bloody murder.

Honestly though, there's a lot more stupid going on in the other forum. Stingers are "killer bumper battering rams." Large off road tires are bad because they couldn't stop in time (even if there wouldn't have been much time to react anyway). Lifts are bad, bumper is too high. Even lowered track cars are bad. Put all that on a trailer... but then you have a huge trailer to cause a bigger accident. Someone even tried to say if she was t-boned by a semi it would have been more survivable. That's where I stopped reading. You just can't make up that kind of stupid. And there was plenty of asshattery in the comments there too.

As far as I see it this is a tragic accident, nothing more. Lives have changed (including those who weren't injured), and it has nothing to do with a piece of metal on a bumper. I wish people could see past that and stop trying to place blame. This is a time when they should be giving support to the survivors, not arguing over them and pointing fingers.

Fact: the stinger/bumper did not cause the accident.

Fact: the family's financial situation is irrelevant on whether or not any speculated damages should be awarded. It may be sad, but still irrelevant.

Fact:what other forum members think are irrelevant. Most of those who blame big tires and bumpers instead of assessing driver accountability are emotional leftist and won't understand logic anyways.

trailless

Caught the Bug

Fact: the family's financial situation is irrelevant on whether or not any speculated damages should be awarded. It may be sad, but still irrelevant.

Fact:what other forum members think are irrelevant. Most of those who blame big tires and bumpers instead of assessing driver accountability are emotional leftist and won't understand logic anyways.

You're right, it doesn't matter what we think. However, I'd be surprised if a lawsuit doesn't come from this. Right now the girls family isn't thinking about a suit. BUT once everything settles down, or at least there is some sort of end, a lawyer is going to be sending the family a nice letter. "No legal fees, trust me I can at the very least get a settlement."

Obviously it's speculation but it's a trend now and there's no denying that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Of course. If it's not aliens it's the leftists!

Some...but that doesn't mean they are not violating certain rules by which they are bound.

I've seen billboards saying stuff like, " Hurt in a wreck? Need a check?" They seem to imply that they're gonna get you money when we all know not every case wins.

Top Bottom