Jeeps stinger seriously injures girl in crash

MTG

Caught the Bug
The picture of the girl does absolutely nothing for the discussion of the topic. If anything it as distracted everyone from it. I agree that it is disrespectful and should be removed, but I also agree that rules have not been broken so the mods shouldn't... However, I would like to think that another WAL member would see their error and remove it themselves.

Agreed. Forum rules may not have been broken, but the rule about being a decent human being and not a douche bag sensationalist has been.

K.D.C.H

Agreed. Forum rules may not have been broken, but the rule about being a decent human being and not a douche bag sensationalist has been.

X2. This isn't what Wayalife is about. If all the other forums out there want to litter up their posts with this kind of crap then let them, we are better than that

REKLESS-RED

Agreed. Take it down. How would you feel if someone posted a photo of your daughter in that situation???

JAGS

Hooked
What is your interest in this? You seem pretty worked about it and your posts are full of speculation and conjecture, because I'm fairly certain you 1) were not one of the first responders or 2) are not an accident reconstructionist assigned to the case.

I was catching up on the thread and thinking the same thing.

Just thought it was an interesting story that is out there and wanted to have a discussion.

edit: and where I found the story was a completely non jeep forum and I wanted to see what Jeep drivers reactions would be. They are quite different than the other forums.

Yes interesting. But it really doesn't matter what any of us think. We do not know or have all the facts. What ifs are just that.

Researching and stating legalities of a bumper seems odd. That's such a minor, minor detail in the bigger picture.

big dr

This whole thing is a very sad situation. Although there is a lot of speculation here,, there wont be when the investigation is complete. And this one is not that hard to figure. The driver of the white sedan is at fault,, Period. But if that stinger hit her head, there will be no mystery about it. If you look close you can see what appears to be the angled marking of the stinger hitting the door, A slight grey looking line goes up right over the door handle. There looks to be about 1' -1 1/2' penetration into the passenger compartment right at the point of impact. That means the stinger was probably more than 2 foot inside the passenger compartment,, very close to head level. The penetration falls off toward the rear of the car, not because anyone was turning, its because thats where the bumper or stinger slid into the strength of the B pillar and the car started bouncing off. It looks like the car had side air curtains. Although a crash like this could have killed the girl even without the stinger,,, it is unlikely due to the crumple zones and design of cars in general. one and a half feet of penetration is a lot,, but its definitely survivable, especially with side curtains. My guess is the damage to the young ladies head has been attributed to the stinger by the professionals on scene and in the hospital. Again,,, sad.

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Im sure Pepe didnt personally take the picture, meaning he got it from somewhere. Most likely somewhere public. While it probably shouldn't have been posted here, once its posted anywhere it becomes public and can and will be posted/shared numerous times. Thanks to the internet and they way people handle themselves these days. I find it really shitty to find out stuff on places like Facebook about family or have friends find out stuff about family because of places like Facebook. People feel the need to post crap on the internet before telling others. Happens all the time.

UpsideUp

I'm not sure who took that picture, perhaps the family? And not sure if Pepe got it from the news or social media but what I do know from working in the medical field is this...
That picture is of a minor being that she is 16 and posted without the permission of the parent.
And also this goes against HIPA laws which are in place to protect a patient's privacy when it comes to medical problems.
It is illegal to violate both laws and subject to legal action.
if I were you Pepe I would take it down for fear of legal ramifications. Not to mention the trouble for who took the photo if it wasn't the parent.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm not sure who took that picture, perhaps the family? And not sure if Pepe got it from the news or social media but what I do know from working in the medical field is this...
That picture is of a minor being that she is 16 and posted without the permission of the parent.
And also this goes against HIPA laws which are in place to protect a patient's privacy when it comes to medical problems.
if I were you Pepe I would take it down for fear of legal ramifications. Not to mention the trouble for who took the photo if it wasn't the parent.

What kind of fucked up person would take that picture and post it on the internet anyway? Chances are only family is allowed to be in her room at this point so that leaves only family to take that picture.

That is speculation but it makes sense.

K.D.C.H

Wow pepe is on a roll here. 65 posts and already 2 threads where you took heat from the other members? Well 3rd times a charm :thumb:

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug

The photos were released from the family, there is a Facebook page in the name of the daughter & mother that is posting updates regarding the two of them.

I hope they both recover, this is an extremely unfortunate accident.

PLucas

Banned
Amazing how many people can be so outraged over reality. How would you feel if your bumper did that?

PLucas

Banned
Wow pepe is on a roll here. 65 posts and already 2 threads where you took heat from the other members? Well 3rd times a charm :thumb:

Oh yeah you're that guy, who likes name calling (immaturity). Bad Apple: There's one in every bunch.

Top Bottom