Whattya mean it's not the steering damper!

ScoobyCarolanNC

Last day of my CPO warranty. Clunky steering. Dealer says "we checked everything. It's your steering damper. $250. Not covered. We swear it's not the ball joints. $50 diagnostic fee." No thanks. $38 later new steering damper (I work for Advance Auto, discount!) still clunky. Drinks beer, shakes head, end rant.

I checked every single supplier in the known world, no aftermarket intermediate shafts exist, only the crappy OEM. Tomorrow: needle fitting, grease gun.

I will win.
End rant for realesies

ScoobyCarolanNC

Yeah. I was so furious on the phone I wasn't really listening but the steering damper was $120 & labor was like $110. I was in shock that he said that to me with a straight face.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Yeah. I was so furious on the phone I wasn't really listening but the steering damper was $120 & labor was like $110. I was in shock that he said that to me with a straight face.

Did they offer to rub it down with snake oil for the low price of $750 which will guarantee your vehicle will be free of any unwanted mechanical failure or unnatural ailments?

Jeez, 110 for labor, that's a hefty tag. Lol

Kalums

Gotta love the D. Bags and they are completely serious when they say these things..... I personally don't know how they do it..... Legally...

JeepJeep75

The truth is there is a long line of people that will pay whatever money the "servicing" costs. They pay it because they can, and don't know any better or simply have no other alternatives. This is what causes people that do know how to "service" their jeeps to be left in a sort of no-mans-land. We know what part is needed, and we know how to fix it. But, we are not "qualified" to make the repair to maintain a warranty because we don't work at a place where we have been certified and have a blue shirt with our name on it. Kinda dammed if you do work your Jeep, and dammed if you don't.

Top Bottom