Lookin for Illinois Jeepers

Cesar jk

If you've never been there they're not marked the best. Some of them are a little tight and require a 4dr. To back up to make the corner. We was there July 3rd and parts of the park was under water. The quarry is a fun time to do some rock climbs. Overall it's a fun park to visit. We'll be going there September 5th I believe.

Right on, thank you. Im headed there for the day tomorrow. It is my first time there. Idk about the guys I'm going with:thinking:

Il like to go if work permits if that's alright I live out here in oak lawn

StickFish

Wave from New Lenox. Haven't been on here much lately, tied up with work.
Heading out tonight to spend a few days in Wi. then put the JKU on the Manitowoc/Ludington ferry across the lake then spend a few days on the dunes at Silver Lake.

Hi there I am in New Lenox too

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I'm from lake county, I live in Lakemoor. I'm not to far from the Wisconsin state line. I'm down for going out west anytime.

metalic

If you've never been there they're not marked the best. Some of them are a little tight and require a 4dr. To back up to make the corner. We was there July 3rd and parts of the park was under water. The quarry is a fun time to do some rock climbs. Overall it's a fun park to visit. We'll be going there September 5th I believe.

Right on, thank you. Im headed there for the day tomorrow. It is my first time there. Idk about the guys I'm going with:thinking:

What did you think of badlands?

JLSilerJK

The badlands was awesome. A bunch of diferent terrain. We did the red trail, a long trail that was up a rock hill and then was all rocks. The dunes, and creek and tubes. I'd have to say the quarry was my favorite part. Had great spotters to go up a rock wall and up some rock steps. Its amazing learning what these things are capable of!

metalic

The badlands was awesome. A bunch of diferent terrain. We did the red trail, a long trail that was up a rock hill and then was all rocks. The dunes, and creek and tubes. I'd have to say the quarry was my favorite part. Had great spotters to go up a rock wall and up some rock steps. Its amazing learning what these things are capable of!

Fun place for sure. Do you know about where the rock trail was? I've heard about it but have yet to find it. The quarry is my favorite also. Did you climb the straight up one? I watched a buggy that couldn't make it but a friend of mine took his wife's jku on 40's daily driver up it. He said it was light in the front

JLSilerJK

this one seemed straight up, dont know if its the one you mean?
badlands.jpg

I wish I could tell you how we found that trail...

metalic

I think this is the same one. Farther down this is where I was talking about

Attachments

• 1441381155086.jpg
    1441381155086.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 68

JLSilerJK

so from your pic - would it be the rock wall behind your passanger rear? One guy in our group did that!

Anyone wheel this weekend? "The Cliffs" were insane once again!

metalic

That would be it.
Here's a cool pic we took of our group on it. That tj walked up and down that thing multiple times

Attachments

• 1441715409557.jpg
    1441715409557.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 79

sbclancy13

I know this is a little late but im new to wayalife. Looking for a club or solid group to do some trips this fall before this chicago snow starts to fall!

metalic

I know this is a little late but im new to wayalife. Looking for a club or solid group to do some trips this fall before this chicago snow starts to fall!

We plan on trying to get a trip to badlands before year end if possible. We have a club run in southern Indiana, toys for tots and a lbl trip planned in the next month and half so not sure if we'll squeeze it in. Badlands also does a toys for tots also.

Cesar jk

We plan on trying to get a trip to badlands before year end if possible. We have a club run in southern Indiana, toys for tots and a lbl trip planned in the next month and half so not sure if we'll squeeze it in. Badlands also does a toys for tots also.

Let me know if you guys end up doing that if its not a problem I been wanting to go for a while now

munstie

Bourbonnais here:thumbup:

Last edited:

munstie

Bourbonnais here:thumbup:

Attachments

• 1442624940165.jpg
    1442624940165.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 1442625013759.jpg
    1442625013759.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 47