Air compressor suggestions?

H20JNKY

We recently bought a new JK 2015 and I wanted to get an air compressor kit for airing up, tools, etc. any help would be awesome! Cheers!

Jim

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Based on what I've seen/read on here I would say anything from ARB. I think a lot of people here have the ARB twin.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I run the arb twin compressor and love.

another route to go is to get a warn power plant. this will kill two birds with one stone as it will allow you to have a winch and an air compressor for tires all in one. then you buy a small arb or vlair for lockers if you decide to go with air lockers in the future.

H20JNKY

Thanks guys! Just saw the ARB twin online, looks like that's the ticket. Pricy..but probably worth it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the ARB or the ARB twin compressor would be a good choice. If you're planning on getting a winch some time soon, I would recommend that you give the WARN PowerPlant a look as well. That's what I run on both my JK's and they've served me well - of course, they don't take up any extra room too :yup:

H20JNKY

As mentioned, the ARB or the ARB twin compressor would be a good choice. If you're planning on getting a winch some time soon, I would recommend that you give the WARN PowerPlant a look as well. That's what I run on both my JK's and they've served me well - of course, they don't take up any extra room too :yup:

Our YJ has a WARN XD9000I and the JK came with an XRC 9,500 winch.

Peak

ARB twin is what I plan on running, if you want to run air tools as well you will need to get a secondary tank for the compressor or some sort of power tank.

scull20

ARB twin is what I plan on running, if you want to run air tools as well you will need to get a secondary tank for the compressor or some sort of power tank.

You'll need a fairly large tank for "continuous" air tool usage.

However, using a 50' hose and no tank, I can easily break lug nuts free with my ARB twin and a harbor freight impact...I can tighten them back up waiting a few seconds in between each lug. It's by no means as good as it would be with a tank...but tolerable nonetheless.

noroad

If you are wanting something for tools, you might want to look into a power tank, i have the arb twin in there isnt enough power for tools(limited space for a tank for the arb in 2012+).

pt.jpg

Top Bottom