Cooper STT Pro Tires??

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I've been thinking about going up in tire size and was wondering if anyone is running these tires. I've read a couple of reviews on them but it always better to hear first hand feedback.
Thanks.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433972084.627666.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
never seen them before. looks like a good tread design. I wonder how strong the sidewalls are. I know people that run discoveries and they have blown tires on mild dirt roads. I literally helped a guy about 2 weeks ago wi4th them change a flat

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I've never seen or heard of them myself I had some 35x12.50 R17's Cooper STT's on my F-150 and they road good I got about 45000 miles out of em but there again that was rotating every 2500 miles and checking alignment about every 15000 miles, but overall they were good tires

noroad

pretty sure cooper owns mickey Thompson as well thats a nice tire, never run that one you have looked into but i would wager its ok. maybe google some more reviews.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Cooper owns Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepek, and Mastercraft along with other "Chinese" brands. The Discoverer STT Pro just became available this week so no one in the public has run them until maybe Monday of this week. We just got our first set in at work on Monday, LT285/70R17s. Almost all other sizes are still on back order until production catches up. They have the same 3-ply sidewall as the old design. I plan on running them as my next set. Here's a good video where they were tested at Cooper's proving grounds on JKUs...http://youtu.be/cl641K8k4nU

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
There isn't many reviews on these tires yet. I did watch a YouTube review. He said they're surprisingly quiet on the road and slightly above average off road. I guess I'll wait and see.

MrHooah04

I personally run the STTs..have literally had them on for about 65k and have about 10-15k left. Great brand and i like the design of these. I'd definitely consider them myself.

OJK12

I like the looks of this tire, I have run the STT's and they are not a bad tire. Not one of my first choices but they were ok.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I ran the originally STT's on my old ranger. I liked them and had no problems with them. Actually bought a set for my jeep but changed before they were shipped to mud grapplers for the hell of it. I got 60K out of my old set before selling them.

Eugene the Jeep

I'm running the ST/MAXX and so far I'm very impressed with them. They are supposed to be a hybrid between a a/t and m/t leaning more towards an a/t. The STT Pro looks more like they are more towards the m/t.
The ST/MAXX was a great price for a 37x12.50r17 at discount tire as well.

Discount Tire

Expedition Portal put together a sold initial review of the new STT Pro that explains the benefits and features in detail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Expedition Portal put together a sold initial review of the new STT Pro that explains the benefits and features in detail.

Hey Discount Tire, I appreciate the fact that you are wanting to assist the members here with good information but really?? :naw:

I hope you can be understanding as to why your link was edited out. If you really want to be helpful by referring members to competing forums, please do so by PM. Thank you.

Discount Tire

Hey Discount Tire, I appreciate the fact that you are wanting to assist the members here with good information but really?? :naw:

I hope you can be understanding as to why your link was edited out. If you really want to be helpful by referring members to competing forums, please do so by PM. Thank you.

Completely understandable, wayoflife. We apologize for the mix-up :doh:

robx251

Caught the Bug
I honestly hope that the new STT are better than the last. I had a set on my jk originally And only got about 20k out of them. They wore poorly were rotated regularly and hard to balance. They were really good where I used them off-road. But with that said my friend had STT on his full size gmc and loves them last a long time for him. I opted to not go with coopers for my current set and got duratracs.

Top Bottom