All things Colorado

Kyle7R

GraniteCrystal

Bummed that we missed that! We were on the ground just before 11 this morning, but it would have been fun. Especially pulling up in the mustang Avis gave us, lol.

How often do they do those? I'd definitely want to check it out at some point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I think they're looking to make it a monthly thing

WJCO

Meme King
That would be awesome!

Let me know if you hear any more about another one.

We somewhat "accidentally" drove out past the Horsetooth Reservoir and Park. Can't believe how close we are going to be to something like this

That's a pretty area and such a quick drive too. Estes park is quick for you too, but hwy 34 is closed still I believe.

Kyle7R

That's a pretty area and such a quick drive too. Estes park is quick for you too, but hwy 34 is closed still I believe.
That's what I was told by somebody here local too.

Plus the v6 mustang they gave us wasn't conducive for too much exploring lol.

dillard09

Anybody done Taylor Pass in early July? Curious if the water level is good to go or too deep.
I did it a few year back around the 4th of July. It was a low snowfall year and there was still some water. This year with all the snow I wouldnt be surprised if it was flowing pretty good. Thought I had a pic on my phone but guess not. Sorry I dont have more info than that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I did it a few year back around the 4th of July. It was a low snowfall year and there was still some water. This year with all the snow I wouldnt be surprised if it was flowing pretty good. Thought I had a pic on my phone but guess not. Sorry I dont have more info than that.

I went in August last year and it was about 6-8" of water. Just enough to be fun. Hoping for not much more than that in early July. Good odds or wishing on the stars? If you did it 4th of July then I feel good

dillard09

I had some pics and videos. My uncle in his locked TJ got stick right in the middle of the stream. I was prob 8-12" deep. He slipped off a rock and landed dead nuts on his transfer case skid. We had to winch him off. Water makes rocks deceiving.
It's a fun little trail that leads to some beautiful country.
Just once were we able to take Taylor up and over to Aspen and then Pearl pass back over to Crestted Butte. Pearl is always blocked with snow pretty much all year long.

DaJudge

Near Silverton
CO%20Maroon%20Bells-Silverton%208-11%20455.jpg

Top Bottom