All things Colorado

desertrunner

Eagle rock trail is still good.
Old stage is now repaired and open all the way through again

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Awesome good to hear I left in 2014 and now I'm stationed out in Albuquerque so not too far away looking to go run it again for old times sake. My buddies and I in college would run it all the time as a good local trail. Just didn't want to head up there and find out old stage was still closed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
My wife and I like to stay at unique, small, cozy cabins and casitas. We have stayed at some cool to us places and looking for some options in Colorado. We like the small town vibes as well. So please post some on here it you have any.

GraniteCrystal

My wife and I like to stay at unique, small, cozy cabins and casitas. We have stayed at some cool to us places and looking for some options in Colorado. We like the small town vibes as well. So please post some on here it you have any.
If you've never been to Buena Vista, must go. We went for a few days over Christmas. Coolest town of 3000 people I've ever been to. It's now the top spot on our "if we had money for a vacation home where would it be" list.

boardsurfer

Pagosa Springs is worth checking out. Beautiful small town. I spent a few weeks there on business last year and came away thinking I could definitely retire there someday. Perfect small mountain town vibe without being completely isolated from city amenities like good grocery stores, etc. And it's absolutely gorgeous.

I traversed Wolf Creek Pass in a blizzard on my way there which was rather terrifying. I would really like to see it in the summer.

WJCO

Meme King
Now it sucks about the beetles, but I would love to get some of that wood and make some furniture with it.

I know what you mean. When I first moved here, I found out how appealing and abundant that the pine was and turned an urban property into somewhat of a cabin. We've since sold it. This was also when I had a lot more time before kids. I have a ton of pictures somewhere, but here's a few I had handy. This is mostly beetle kill from local mills. It used to be really cheap too, most people used it for firewood. We did take the table and benches with us when we moved. I miss doing it, but no way I would have the time for it now. And yes the far right of the 3rd picture is a shoe rack for my wife's thousands of pairs.

werwerer (1).jpg

werwerer (2).jpg

werwerer (3).jpg

werwerer.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Dang Doug, you are one handy dude. That woodwork look great.

Thanks. Truthfully, log work is way more forgiving than building something like cabinets or the like. Every mistake you make make with log work makes the wood look even more natural. Other than stripping bark, I basically cut and sanded the sharp edges, didn't have to do finish work at all hardly. And as far as sealing it, we just used Tung Oil on a rag and wiped it, that way if it ever got marked up, you can just sand over it quickly and re-apply the oil. Very easy to maintain.

The table was a little more involved with sanding and specialty tools, but all the other stuff was relatively less time-consuming.

Holy shit Dawg! How awesome! Reminds me of our log cabin. I've made some tables and a headboard and now working on one for our adobe.

Thanks. Post some pics of the headboard for sure.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I like Salida a lot, and we have a place in Steamboat so spend a lot of time there.
Also great work Doug.
:beer:

Top Bottom