Ouray Colorado, 4th of July....who's going?

Jackal01

Not a good time for kitties! We had a brother and sister and Tom died last fall. He got terribly ill very suddenly. Died 2 days later. His sister is now showing similar signs and symptoms so she may not make it through the week. Both were roughly 10 years old and strictly indoors. Then last Spring we had a GSD puppy that died from Parvo! Can't catch a break! Now we have a new kitten that we have had for about a month and our other GSD pup (little over a year old). Hopefully Katie (the girl cat) will make it. Saline injections seem to be helping with her appetite thus she is eating and has strength. We'll see. sad times regardless...I hate seeing the wife depressed.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
It's with great sadness that I post that we will not be able to make our annual trek to Ouray this week. Our cat of 13 years has become very ill with what vet thinks is pancreatitis, a very nasty tricky disease to cure. He has lost about half his body weight and needs daily meds. We just didn't feel right leaving him alone for several days given his current state of health. It's very hard to accept that we will not make the trip as I look forward to this trip every year and it's the highlight of the year. Anyway, I hope you guys have a safe fun trip. We don't know how long our cat will be with us so we are spending as much time at home as we can.

Very sorry to learn the family pet is so ill and will keep you from the trip. For those of you going to Ouray this weekend it's always a fun trip over Imogene to Telluride on the 4th. They have a Doo-Dah parade that usually includes a fly over by F-16's from Buckley and sometimes WWII warbirds. The parade is way cool with lots of bikers. Happy 4th!
ToHellURide.jpg

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
That's a bummer to hear about your cat! I too am a cat lover. I lost my cat (Paws) about 6 months ago. He was 17yo. I was in Texas at work and he was in Cali with the wife. He went down hill fast. Broke my heart to not be there! I'm like you, if he is fighting to be with you , you might as well be with him. Good luck!
I'll see ya soon Paws!

Sorry to hear of Paws passing. Great that you had 17 years with him. We don't have any kids so Leo is an important member of the family and worth sticking around for.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Very sorry to learn the family pet is so ill and will keep you from the trip. For those of you going to Ouray this weekend it's always a fun trip over Imogene to Telluride on the 4th. They have a Doo-Dah parade that usually includes a fly over by F-16's from Buckley and sometimes WWII warbirds. The parade is way cool with lots of bikers. Happy 4th!
View attachment 151361

Cool shot! We were up near the top of one of the passes one year when we saw the fighter jets roar by and go through the canyon. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen and felt for that matter

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Not a good time for kitties! We had a brother and sister and Tom died last fall. He got terribly ill very suddenly. Died 2 days later. His sister is now showing similar signs and symptoms so she may not make it through the week. Both were roughly 10 years old and strictly indoors. Then last Spring we had a GSD puppy that died from Parvo! Can't catch a break! Now we have a new kitten that we have had for about a month and our other GSD pup (little over a year old). Hopefully Katie (the girl cat) will make it. Saline injections seem to be helping with her appetite thus she is eating and has strength. We'll see. sad times regardless...I hate seeing the wife depressed.

Man, not good at all. Sorry to hear about all the pet woes. I hope that things pick up soon for all of us.

dillard09

Sorry to hear of Paws passing. Great that you had 17 years with him. We don't have any kids so Leo is an important member of the family and worth sticking around for.

Yes sir. I understand that. My wife have been together for 17 years, married 10 and I brought home Paws about 2 months in. He was something else. He would meet me at the door everyday I came home. He was my best mate for 17 years!
The funny thing is that he passed on a Friday and the wife and I found out we were pregnant in the next Wednesday. How life is awesome!

RDE2ROK

So here are a few pics of the festivities in Ouray, the lighted up jeep parade pics did not come out.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It was a great time, Ouray realy knows how to celebrate the 4th of July! :beer:

Brian G.

Looks like you guys had some good fun while in Ouray, CO. I haven't been there, but have always wanted to go. I was stationed at Ft. Polk also. I was a Platoon Sergeant of a scout platoon in 2nd ACR. It's a pretty good drive from LA. to Ouray, CO. Glad to see you made it ok.

dillard09

So jealous! Rde2rok your ride is sick! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for next month when I'm there in colorado

So here are a few pics of the festivities in Ouray, the lighted up jeep parade pics did not come out.

It was a great time, Ouray realy knows how to celebrate the 4th of July! :beer:

Looks like a great time!!! Can't wait til next year to be a part of whole thing! Did you get some good trail runs??? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

RDE2ROK

So jealous! Rde2rok your ride is sick! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for next month when I'm there in colorado

Thanks! We had a great time,:thumb:

Looks like a great time!!! Can't wait til next year to be a part of whole thing! Did you get some good trail runs??? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

We ran a lot of scenic trails in the mountains and went to Montrose for some serious Rock Crawling.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We had a great time!:thumb:

BigJeschke

Crystal granite Rubicon around the corner from you. I walked by early one morning and gave compliments on your jeep. :beer:

RDE2ROK

Crystal granite Rubicon around the corner from you. I walked by early one morning and gave compliments on your jeep. :beer:

I kinda remember,:thinking: we were there for 8 days and a people stopped by everyday. You should of told me you were a WOL brother and stayed for a chat!:yup:

Top Bottom