Rausch Creek 10/03/15

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
they are way out of order and I don't feel like messing with it but that's all of them. I will work on getting the two videos up that I have of Andrea and Jackson up

09blackruby

3 days 950 miles later, we made it back to VT without a hitch.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444002306.539969.jpg

What an awesome time..

Andrew and Jay, I know I've already thanked you personally but here it is again!! Thank you for putting this together. Alana, I hope your knee feels better soon. [emoji22]

Thank you everyone for making this happen, it had been something I've wanted to do for a very long time and after this weekend my daughter Anna and I can't wait to do it again!! Yes Anna had a blast, she talked about the weekend the entire ride home, she explained to me that I couldn't talk to her mother about the trip without her as she wanted to tell the story.. (Youngfire). She's wearing her new shirt to school tomorrow and very excited about it.. She thinks your super cool.

Sean (blue group leader). You and your friend Joe (I think) did a kick ass job leading our group.. Yes it did get a bit technical at the end but we got through it and I wouldn't have changed a thing!! I don't remember everyone's name but, it was great to meet you all. I hope the few that weren't on the forum actually sign up and review this thread as they truly did become part of the trip. Damage and all..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444004234.050556.jpg

Sean, I'm sorry to hear about your trip home.. I hope you jeep didn't leave you stranded, sounds like your drive shaft had some issues..

Steve.. Hang in there man, I'm very sorry about your jeep and good luck with pep boys, I hope they take care of you.. It was finely great to meet the Cozdude I've been reading about these last few years..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444004785.211191.jpg

And our hotel party mascot:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444004845.752985.jpg

I hope everyone made it home safe!!! Till next time...

seanb123

Sean (blue group leader). You and your friend Joe (I think) did a kick ass job leading our group.. Yes it did get a bit technical at the end but we got through it and I wouldn't have changed a thing!! I don't remember everyone's name but, it was great to meet you all. I hope the few that weren't on the forum actually sign up and review this thread as they truly did become part of the trip. Damage and all..

View attachment 167837

Sean, I'm sorry to hear about your trip home.. I hope you jeep didn't leave you stranded, sounds like your drive shaft had some issues..

I had a blast and glad you and Anna did as well. Drive shaft was something that had started to make noise recently and knew it was going to need to be replaced just didn't think that meant the way home but we pulled over joe was able to find a 8mm socket in town and we got it off and we headed home without issue. I'll have to say leading the pack was new but a fun experience and we hit some tough spots but everyone made it through. I think I speak for everyone that we all had times where we were surprised at what our jeeps could do. Overall happy with the turnout and can't wait for the next one

We just made it home so sorry for the lack of reply. It was awesome to meet so many new people and I'm glad everyone had a great time in spite of the cold/wet snap mother nature threw ojr way.

I'm sorry we weren't a bit more social during the grilling phase, but after limping Steve and Knuckles back to the hotel all I wanted to do was shower and try to get the gear oil off my hands. Once we were cleaned up the party had moved inside. To be honest, I was thankful bacause I was done with the cold,

Thank you to everyone that came out and for sharing your individual experiences. A big special thanks for the pictures. I captured a whopping 0 all weekend. I was reminded again just how amazing Eddie and Cindy are for being able to both spot AND capture the amazing footage they do.

Steve, I'm really sorry... I hate to see any trail break, but yours was exceptionally rough. In a way it's good it happened when it did. The way the pinion was falling into the carrier and causing the wheels to lock up it could have ended much worse had it let go on the highway.

~J~

Yorkie

3 days 950 miles later, we made it back to VT without a hitch.

View attachment 167764

What an awesome time..

Andrew and Jay, I know I've already thanked you personally but here it is again!! Thank you for putting this together. Alana, I hope your knee feels better soon. [emoji22]

Thank you everyone for making this happen, it had been something I've wanted to do for a very long time and after this weekend my daughter Anna and I can't wait to do it again!! Yes Anna had a blast, she talked about the weekend the entire ride home, she explained to me that I couldn't talk to her mother about the trip without her as she wanted to tell the story.. (Youngfire). She's wearing her new shirt to school tomorrow and very excited about it.. She thinks your super cool.

View attachment 167837

Steve.. Hang in there man, I'm very sorry about your jeep and good luck with pep boys, I hope they take care of you.. It was finely great to meet the Cozdude I've been reading about these last few years..

View attachment 167840

And our hotel party mascot:

View attachment 167841

I hope everyone made it home safe!!! Till next time...

Things can be stressful on those tricky trails, but you made it through great. I think a lot of the people in the group (including myself) were surprised at what our jeeps are actually capable of. All said and done, that trail was a great addition to the day, really added the difficulty factor to the day and you can say you really pushed yourself and the jeep while you out wheeling.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
We just made it home so sorry for the lack of reply. It was awesome to meet so many new people and I'm glad everyone had a great time in spite of the cold/wet snap mother nature threw ojr way.

I'm sorry we weren't a bit more social during the grilling phase, but after limping Steve and Knuckles back to the hotel all I wanted to do was shower and try to get the gear oil off my hands. Once we were cleaned up the party had moved inside. To be honest, I was thankful bacause I was done with the cold,

Thank you to everyone that came out and for sharing your individual experiences. A big special thanks for the pictures. I captured a whopping 0 all weekend. I was reminded again just how amazing Eddie and Cindy are for being able to both spot AND capture the amazing footage they do.

Steve, I'm really sorry... I hate to see any trail break, but yours was exceptionally rough. In a way it's good it happened when it did. The way the pinion was falling into the carrier and causing the wheels to lock up it could have ended much worse had it let go on the highway.

~J~

Your lack of pics is ok due to the fact of you spotting is thru every tough spot we had so it's all good! As you said tho it really is a testament of how amazing Eddie and Cindy are that they can spot AND get the pics/videos at the same time!

Yea as much as it sucks I'm glad it happened where it did and not farther into the trail and especially not on the highway. If it wasn't for Yourself and Andrews quick work on diagnosing the issue, tearing it apart and put back together I would prob still be out there. So for that I'm thankful.

Jegar

Fantastic pictures!!!! But, looks COLD and SLIppery [emoji33]

Nope a shop in NJ did but when I went to get my stock ds off last weekend I took it to pep boys to zip off the pinion nut cause It was to tight. I come to find out they took a hammer to the pinion bending the seal. This lead to the bearing failing and this happening

That really, really sucks :(

Recurve

looks like you guys had fun! sorry about the break Steve :grayno: I had a horrible weekend, no way I was getting up there at all.

RjSkippy

Had an awesome time with some great people! I will get some pictures and videos posted up this weekend hopefully (just got home)... the old work schedule has kept me from getting them up... I know I need to get my priorities straight but the job pays for parts! :cheesy: looking forward to hitting the trails with you guys again in the future!

Top Bottom