What psi can I run on road with Atx slabs?

sweno

Hey guys. Just for my Atx slabs. Was told that I can't run more than 18psi in them on the road. Is that true? What is the max I can put in them? I will be using them as my DD wheels on Nitto trail grappler 35"s

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey guys. Just for my Atx slabs. Was told that I can't run more than 18psi in them on the road. Is that true? What is the max I can put in them? I will be using them as my DD wheels on Nitto trail grappler 35"s

Who told you that? That's far from true. Run the psi that gives you the best tire wear. I run mine at 28 psi cause that what works for my rig. Do the chalk test to find yours

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Whoever told you that is someone you should never take vehicle advice from ever again. You can safely run whatever road pressure you'd like in them, which is usually 32lbs or less in large off-road tires. +1 on the chalk test to figure out what you need to run in them.

Last edited:

sweno

Thanks guys! The company that told me that was the distributor for Atx in Australia. So happy to hear that was wrong and shocked they don't know that!!! . Thanks again guys!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever told you that is someone you should never take vehicle advice from ever again.

Agreed!!

I run mine at 30 psi - no problems. I've also run my tires at zero psi (not on purpose). I wouldn't recommend it but, surprisingly, it did fine too. :crazyeyes:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
How do you do the chalk test?

Run a line of chalk across all of your tires and roll for a hundred feet or so. If all of the chalk is gone, your at a good pressure. If the middle is gone but the out parts of the chalk line are still there you've over inflated your tires. If there is still chalk in the middle of your tire, they are under inflated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How do you do the chalk test?

Run a line of chalk across all of your tires and roll for a hundred feet or so. If all of the chalk is gone, your at a good pressure. If the middle is gone but the out parts of the chalk line are still there you've over inflated your tires. If there is still chalk in the middle of your tire, they are under inflated.

What mr Ty said. Make sure you do it in a parking lot or something where you can go straight.

JKsix

What mr Ty said. Make sure you do it in a parking lot or something where you can go straight.

Thanks guys! I will try this when I'm stateside.

Top Bottom