Which 17" beadlocks do you recommend?

dyn0mitemat

My buddy picked up a set of trail gear kreeper locks for the jk, they make the slabs look like a joke with how thick the casting of the wheels are, they're definately a stronger wheel by looking at them..... BUT

I went with slabs, I think they're plenty for a JK, and the trailgears and way overkill and just more weight, plus I don't like the multiple piece rings or bolt heads sticking out. And its not like you've ever heard of a single break or many problems with the slabs, and i think they look better :cool:

IMG_20150613_185301.jpg

edit:
Running 37" baja mtz's, threw them on my balancer and had less than 1oz weight on each of them, couldn't be happier

EZ-E

I'm looking at getting beadlocks as well. Torn between the chamber pro II's and the Slabs. Running the factory width axles with 37's. The CPII's have a -24 offset and the Slabs have -38 offset according to the NR4x4 website. So which one will stick out further? :thinking:

And any recommendations on which one I should go with? They both look cool. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking at getting beadlocks as well. Torn between the chamber pro II's and the Slabs. Running the factory width axles with 37's. The CPII's have a -24 offset and the Slabs have -38 offset according to the NR4x4 website. So which one will stick out further? :thinking:

And any recommendations on which one I should go with? They both look cool. :thumb:

I have both and love both. The Slabs will stick out more. They essentially have 3.5" of back spacing. The Chambers have about 4". If you plan on running coil overs, I might go with the Slabs as the extra spacing will be helpful to clear them especially if you're running factory width axles.

EZ-E

I have both and love both. The Slabs will stick out more. They essentially have 3.5" of back spacing. The Chambers have about 4". If you plan on running coil overs, I might go with the Slabs as the extra spacing will be helpful to clear them especially if you're running factory width axles.

Awesome. Thanks for the information! :thumb:

Any significant weight difference between the two or is it pretty negligible?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. Thanks for the information! :thumb:

Any significant weight difference between the two or is it pretty negligible?

They're about the same weight. Holding them side by side, I couldn't even tell the difference if there was one.

JKsix

Slabs it is due to running stock length axels with coil overs. Thanks Eddie!

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I personally would recommend ATX Slabs or Chamber Pro II's as they not only have super thick rings, they also have recessed bolts and bolts that are a bigger/stronger than their competition. Another thing they have going for them is that when installed, the rings sit metal to metal instead of just sandwiching the rubber tire and that helps to prevent bolts from breaking.

Spyderlocs are made by ATX and are exactly the same as Slabs minus the star in the middle and while I have run them in the past and liked the way they look, I found the stars to get hung up on rocks and roots and once they get bent in, they throw off the balance of the wheels.

I have run Walkers in the past and love the way they look too but, they have thin rings, small bolts that tend to break.

So much good information in this post! Im going to go with some slabs or Spyderlocs when I can manage it!

Suprchrgd_rubi

Northridge shows the slabs with 38mm offset and chamber at 24mm with less so the chamber would stick out further is this correct?

GCM 2

Which 17" beadlocks do you recommend?

Northridge shows the slabs with 38mm offset and chamber at 24mm with less so the chamber would stick out further is this correct?

No, it's the other way around. The Slabs have a "deeper dish" and will stick out further, decreasing the possibility of rubbing on frame rails, body panels or suspension. The Chambers have a shallower dish and will sit further inside the wheel wells, closer to all the components and frame rails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom