Rock Hard 4x4 JK Sport Cage Installation Write-Up

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't know if wayalife still works, if not "shark tank" will this weekend.

Northridge hasn't said anything yet so I assume that the Wayalife code still gives 10% off on certain items. If not you still get 5% at least. Also the shark tank code will be active like you said :yup:

DA RUNT

Northridge hasn't said anything yet so I assume that the Wayalife code still gives 10% off on certain items. If not you still get 5% at least. Also the shark tank code will be active like you said :yup:

Wayalife code was good yesterday. Ordered a few goodies.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well im finally getting around to being ready to install this. any tips for drilling the holes in the door to make sure everything lines up just right? if im gonna screw something up it would be drilling the door holes

Well im finally getting around to being ready to install this. any tips for drilling the holes in the door to make sure everything lines up just right? if im gonna screw something up it would be drilling the door holes

It goes without saying, but measure a couple of times. I had to ream a couple of mine out a tad with my air grinder. I used the "fender washers" (SS of course) as back up and so you couldn't see the gap on one side of the bolt. OCD I know....:cheesy:

It goes without saying, but measure a couple of times. I had to ream a couple of mine out a tad with my air grinder. I used the "fender washers" (SS of course) as back up and so you couldn't see the gap on one side of the bolt. OCD I know....:cheesy:

My OR Fab came with a template on where to drill the holes. If I knew where it was I would send it. Oh and be sure to run a tap through the holes to clean up the threads. I had to do this to get the bolts to tighten up flush.

R/
Will

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

lol yea thats exactly what i dont want to do! yea measure twenty time drill once goes without saying. was there a "sweet spot" on the door you found to hold the bracket against or body lines you used as reference points?

Best advice yet! TAP will save you a headache!!:doh:

there was a re enforcing piec on the back side of the bolt holes that was off just enough to not allow for the hardware to torque down. After putting the stupid sides in and taking them out three times I ran a tap throught the holes and tightened up the first time. Go figure. The directions did not tell me that.

I put my cage in before I painted it. I marked the top and bottom of where the metal tab was going to sit inside the door frame and then took a picture of it as well. Once I took it out, I played the template over it on the opposite side (drilling from) and marked the holes. Use a center punch as Eddie said in the write up!

Armydog

Thread hijack time.....

I am pretty sure the RH Sport Cage is how I'm going to go, BUT I was looking at the fast-back TJ cage from GenRight. I do not like people, so the only back seat passenger I have is my partner, Dasty. Anyone have any experience with this cage? Pluses or minuses? Opinions?

Not going to get this anytime soon, just window (cage) shopping. Tango.

Now back to your program already in progress.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

pastorwug

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there a way to print the installation steps with the pictures on this thread?
The printable version leaves the photos out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the great write up eddie! used them to help me install my cage this week!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414799215.000716.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414799215.000716.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 373
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414799141.263911.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414799141.263911.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 373
Top Bottom