Rock Hard 4x4 JK Sport Cage Installation Write-Up

pastorwug

Well, began to tackle this install today - and anyone that might say it's an easy install I'll kick in the juevos for free. :cheesy:

I've watched Eddie work on Jeeps on the trail - he's a good mechanic (a good MacGyver) but how he did this install all in one day is beside me.
If it wasn't for 10Frank9 texting me the install instructions and some good advice I'd of never even achieved the half-way point.

Aligning those three holes and bolts on the bottom/side of each side is the worst part. Removed each side at least three times to open the holes, chase the threads and get it seated on top and at the bottom. Not easy!

David1tontj

Well, began to tackle this install today - and anyone that might say it's an easy install I'll kick in the juevos for free. :cheesy:

I've watched Eddie work on Jeeps on the trail - he's a good mechanic (a good MacGyver) but how he did this install all in one day is beside me.
If it wasn't for 10Frank9 texting me the install instructions and some good advice I'd of never even achieved the half-way point.

Aligning those three holes and bolts on the bottom/side of each side is the worst part. Removed each side at least three times to open the holes, chase the threads and get it seated on top and at the bottom. Not easy!

This really made me laugh. The kicking part- not the fact that you had trouble.
Wish I could've helped you out. Good luck with the rest of your install. Stay positive!

Philippians 4:13. You can do it pastor!

Fitzbsly

Pastor !!!!
Haven't followed thread, but if you need help let me know, pretty easy install, I'd love to help as I ordered and installed mine a few weeks after we did rubicon.
---Brent

kyleolson

Pastor !!!!
Haven't followed thread, but if you need help let me know, pretty easy install, I'd love to help as I ordered and installed mine a few weeks after we did rubicon.
---Brent

FYI we had to get a tap for those bolt holes on the side. Had to run it through once because the threads just seemed off.

I'll be doing mine next month.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thanks for not saying it was an easy one - I was afraid I was going to have to drive to Reno with my steel-toed boots! :cheesy:

Don't know what Michael 7:58 is however?

If you did, I would just turn the other nut. (see what I did there?)

That was my quote at 7:58 am. Kind of like the Phil guy did above my post at 4:13. :idontknow: ;)

Good luck with the rest of the install. :thumb:

pastorwug

If you did, I would just turn the other nut. (see what I did there?)

That was my quote at 7:58 am. Kind of like the Phil guy did above my post at 4:13. :idontknow: ;)

Good luck with the rest of the install. :thumb:

Love ya man, and thanks! :clap2:

lysol

I'm placing my order for the front portion of the Rock Hard Sport Cage for my '14 JKUR next paycheck. I'll do the back portion later. I'll do my best to take as many pictures as I can. Any specific requests for shots during/after installation? One thing I haven't seen at all online is close-ups of the trimmed Freedom panels or trimming of the top A-pillar piece.

Rharvey160

I'm placing my order for the front portion of the Rock Hard Sport Cage for my '14 JKUR next paycheck. I'll do the back portion later. I'll do my best to take as many pictures as I can. Any specific requests for shots during/after installation? One thing I haven't seen at all online is close-ups of the trimmed Freedom panels or trimming of the top A-pillar piece.

I'd be interested in seeing close ups of the trimmed freedom panels and the top A-pillar piece.

pastorwug

Wug... Did you get it all installed?

Yes, I finally did, including the trim pieces around the windshield - thanks to a dremel.

Once again I would say - not easy, but not too difficult.

10Frank9's tip to fit the cage in BEFORE you have it powdercoated is a great tip - wish I'd done that first.

It all fits great now. :clap2:

Here we are with the install on mine. Thanks panda for the help

Attachments

• 1417904390755.jpg
    1417904390755.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 1417904406007.jpg
    1417904406007.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 326
Top Bottom