Nitto Terra Grappler G2

spencerd45

I recently purchased a set of Nitto Terra Grappler g2 tires size 285/70R17 (roughly a 33') and I couldnt be happier. They are much quieter than the stock tires despite their more agressive tread and handle great on the road. I have had them around 5,000 miles so far and I have nothing negative to say about them. Anyone looking to purchase a AT tire look no further. Great Product

Spencer
IMG_2747.jpg

spencerd45

When I first got the tires I was running factory suspension and no wheel spacers. The front left tire would rub during extreme turns so i used a washer or two in the bump stop to limit the turing a little, getting rid of the rubbing. Now I have a mopar 2in lift kit and I will be getting a set of fuel rims so i can remove the washers to gain back full steering.

adventure1

Ironically I was thinking about the exact same setup. I want my local dealer to install the Mopar 2" so I feel happy about my warranty. And I don't want my family to climb so high to get in.

How do you like the lift? Are you still running 285/70s? Did it help with extra weight aka winch/bumper? Could you please provide a photo?
-Ben.

spencerd45

So far the lift has been great. The lift gives a great ride and wasnt too hard to install as I installed it in my garage. I measured the overall height before and after and its closer to a 3in lift than a 2in. I am running racory bumpers with no winch so not sure how it would handle it.

I havent taken pictures since the lift but will take some tomorrow.

-Spencer

adventure1

Thanks Spencer. Hopefully when I get back from my epic overland trip I can work toward your setup. I leave in two days. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436155760.985265.jpg

Top Bottom