Reinstall steering stabilizer?

NM2012CherryJK

Hi all just got done with the front end. Installed new drag link and tie rod. Got rid of the drop brackets for the control arms and installed new Currie adjustable control arms. Upgraded the axle shafts. Got rid of the Fran drop bracket for the track bar and installed the EVO drag link flip kit. New EVO sway bar links. My question is do I need a steering stabilizer?? I damaged my OEM one and got a Fox 2.0 and its to high pressure it pulls to one side. Any help would be appreciated thanks. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436025460.703178.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436025475.023899.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436025490.041473.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436025504.423184.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436025518.234326.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As long as your steering geometry is in spec you shouldn't need a stabilizer. If you do want one I would suggest trying to find an oem one off of craigslist for cheap/free.

jedg

If you can't find an OEM, O'Reilly's has one that is supposed to be OEM spec for around $30 if I remember.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, a steering stabilizer is nice to have but it is far from needed. With your tie-rod, you will most likely need to get a new mount. The Rancho stabilizer might be able to work as it comes with a new mount.

mcsjk

Hi all just got done with the front end. Installed new drag link and tie rod. Got rid of the drop brackets for the control arms and installed new Currie adjustable control arms. Upgraded the axle shafts. Got rid of the Fran drop bracket for the track bar and installed the EVO drag link flip kit. New EVO sway bar links. My question is do I need a steering stabilizer?? I damaged my OEM one and got a Fox 2.0 and its to high pressure it pulls to one side. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Are those Carolina Metal Masters?

NM2012CherryJK

As mentioned, a steering stabilizer is nice to have but it is far from needed. With your tie-rod, you will most likely need to get a new mount. The Rancho stabilizer might be able to work as it comes with a new mount.

Cool thanks. I got a mount from the guys that make the tie rod that works but don't like the push feeling I'm getting with the Fox steering stabilizer.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug

I just got a new Rancho one and see it comes with a new bolt, but no instructions. Any direction you could give would be a huge help, I can't seem to find a write up or video on it. Thnx

TheStick

My tie bar mounting location had rotated upwards, loses it all and adjusted, good to go now, thanks brother! 👍🏻

I just got the same setup. So it does mount up fine to the stock mounting locations? Did you use the supplies bolt and nuts or the stock hardware?

Top Bottom