Big Bear Trail Run Weekend 7-11 & 7-12

RedXIII

I am a new member to wayalife and to off-roading on the west coastin general. I would would like to come up and meet you guys on Saturday it's not too far a drive for me. I've got 35" mud grapplers, 2.5" suspension lift 1.25" body lift, xrc fenders, and I removed my old rocker guards (hated the look of the last set), and just haven't settled on a new pair yet. Do you think I will have any issues on this run, I dont have lockers, yet...

PS.. I can't figure out how to set my picture for my rig.

viktortoghia

Good morning everyone

I am a new commer to wayalife and very excited to be here.
If it is not to late we would like to join you guys for this weekend.
I have a 95 jeep wrangler with moderate modifications but no cb.
Is a cb required for this trip? I am planing to get one but just did not have a chance yet.

viktortoghia

Now i dont look so bad. Im not the only one with out a cb.
I want to discuss my options for one when we were going to meet up with everyone in Big Bear. There is just to many choices out there and i know that some are just a waist of money.

Jk909

I just picked up my jeep from getting a fresh new set of gears. I forgot that I had to break them in. I don't know if going out there before the first oil change is a good idea.

Im not sure, maybe someone can chime in on this. But if you don't end up going I totally understand. You gotta take care or you're rig.

I asked and they said it's not a great idea until I finish with a 500 mile break in and change the oil. I'm sorry man I wanted to go but it's seems like I'll have to wait for the next trip.

Krieger

I am a new member to wayalife and to off-roading on the west coastin general. I would would like to come up and meet you guys on Saturday it's not too far a drive for me. I've got 35" mud grapplers, 2.5" suspension lift 1.25" body lift, xrc fenders, and I removed my old rocker guards (hated the look of the last set), and just haven't settled on a new pair yet. Do you think I will have any issues on this run, I dont have lockers, yet...

PS.. I can't figure out how to set my picture for my rig.

Welcome to Wayalife and sure you can join in I'll get you added to the going list!

I am a new commer to wayalife and very excited to be here.
If it is not to late we would like to join you guys for this weekend.
I have a 95 jeep wrangler with moderate modifications but no cb.
Is a cb required for this trip? I am planing to get one but just did not have a chance yet.

Welcome to Wayalife, and it's not to late to join in, I'll get you added to the list. And no Cb is required for this trip
But it does help.

[/url]
I asked and they said it's not a great idea until I finish with a 500 mile break in and change the oil. I'm sorry man I wanted to go but it's seems like I'll have to wait for the next trip.
Bummer man better to be safe than sorry. Catch ya on the next one Cheers!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I'm kinda new to wayalife and would love to go on this trip. It's also really close to where I live. Would I have an issue with 33s and no lockers? Also what trails are you guys taking?

Krieger

I'm kinda new to wayalife and would love to go on this trip. It's also really close to where I live. Would I have an issue with 33s and no lockers? Also what trails are you guys taking?

I would say that 33" would be pushing it with no lockers. Not saying it can't be done but you probably would get hung up a lot. We are going to Run Gold Mountain, Jocoby canyon, and if time allows we will run
Holcomb Creek trail. You are welcome to give it a shot but you will have to work for it.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I would say that 33" would be pushing it with no lockers. Not saying it can't be done but you probably would get hung up a lot. We are going to Run Gold Mountain, Jocoby canyon, and if time allows we will run
Holcomb Creek trail. You are welcome to give it a shot but you will have to work for it.

As Krieger said, you will snag a rock or two, but the trails to be run can all be done in stock JKs.

TeamFaust

Sounds like a fun run...I've been trying to get to Big Bear area but have previous commitment for Sat. You guys think you'll be running Sunday or packing up & heading home?

Krieger

Sounds like a fun run...I've been trying to get to Big Bear area but have previous commitment for Sat. You guys think you'll be running Sunday or packing up & heading home?

Sunday is the Fun day like I said in an earlier post I'll be up there for 4 days
And if people chime in or would like we could run John Bull and Dishpan springs or Holcomb again. I'm game for whatever!

RedXIII

As Krieger said, you will snag a rock or two, but the trails to be run can all be done in stock JKs.

Well I can't expect everything to be perfect. I will try to do the best I can without lockers, in working up to that part of my rig. Im in and will see what I can push through, I'm not scared to get her through into new territories.

Top Bottom