High Lakes Camping & Wheeling Trip 8/6-8/9

Jeephooligan

It's about an hour and 20 from Burger King in paradise. What "staging" area you referring too?

OK maybe not staging area but trailhead. Looking on the map online it looks like there's a couple ways to get into that area. Not having been up there I really have no idea. I guess I'm just looking for a meeting place.

OK maybe not staging area but trailhead. Looking on the map online it looks like there's a couple ways to get into that area. Not having been up there I really have no idea. I guess I'm just looking for a meeting place.

Well based on the map your answer is yes, haha. Based on gates and people with guns...there is less.

I'm not 100% sure on your guys plan but I usually meet up in paradise at Burger King. This allows for people to pee, walk dogs, whatever before hitting the road for just over an hour. You can rip off fuel later in "upper" paradise at the fastrip station or in magalia at chucks place.

I usually take everyone up skyway though magalia, sterling city, inskip, etc. This gets you to the butte meadows "triangle". It's where the pavement goes left but humbug summit goes right and turns to dirt. Air down here for comfort. You will hit a 3-5 mile stretch of pavement later but the rest is dirt.

If anyone is going up Friday night and would rather have me take ya let me know id be happy too.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Well based on the map your answer is yes, haha. Based on gates and people with guns...there is less.

I'm not 100% sure on your guys plan but I usually meet up in paradise at Burger King. This allows for people to pee, walk dogs, whatever before hitting the road for just over an hour. You can rip off fuel later in "upper" paradise at the fastrip station or in magalia at chucks place.

I usually take everyone up skyway though magalia, sterling city, inskip, etc. This gets you to the butte meadows "triangle". It's where the pavement goes left but humbug summit goes right and turns to dirt. Air down here for comfort. You will hit a 3-5 mile stretch of pavement later but the rest is dirt.

If anyone is going up Friday night and would rather have me take ya let me know id be happy too.

I just tried to follow along on that map and did pretty good through Humbug Summit, then all went to shit! Good thing we've got Ricky leading the way on Friday! :cheesy:

Rox Star

For those of us coming up Friday afternoon, what time do you expect to be in Paradise (or where ever we decide to meet)? I can be there anytime after 3.

07JKSahara

For those of us coming up Friday afternoon, what time do you expect to be in Paradise (or where ever we decide to meet)? I can be there anytime after 3.

I can't leave til around 4, so I'm not going to be there until 7... Likely wheeling in the dark to camp... Not ideal, just can't avoid it.

Top Bottom