Automatic transmission skid bar jk

Jgarch

I'm looking for an automatic transmission skid bar. It is mounted in front of the main crossmember.

My jk has a manual trans, so don't have one. I don't want to go with full skids, but I'd like one to offer some protection for the exhaust crossover. Maybe you've taken this factory piece off to install a full set of skids. I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hours from 17042 (PA). I've attached a picture to help identify it.

Attachments

• 1436752454087.jpg
    1436752454087.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 157

Jgarch

I love it. I was considering that or the rock hard, but I'm concerned it could give them a reason to void (lifetime) warranty work in the long run. I figure if I can get a bar from factory, they'll never notice. Thanks, though, for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
I love it. I was considering that our the rock hard, but I'm concerned it could give them a reason to void (lifetime) warranty work in the long run. I figure if I can get a bar from factory, they'll never notice.

I understand your worries and dealerships can void warranties for many reasons, but If I was as worried about it I would just take it off if I was going to take it in.... Fifteen minute install once you have all the tools needed, ratchet with 18mm and 19mm sockets.

Jgarch

I might do that if I don't find one. 15 min isn't bad. I figured it would take much longer. Thanks.

Tree Frog

Hey there,
I know I have got one. Sitting right in my garage and I would really love it gone. Took it off about the 3rd day after I bought the Jeep.
I save metal as you never know when you will need a piece of scrap for some project. As of yet the right project has not come up.

It yours if you want it but you have to pay actual shipping costs. I live in Roseburg, OR. 97471

A UPS brown store is right down the street.

PM me if interested.

USMC Wrangler

That EVO skid is the biggest and easiest of the three to install and replaces the bar you are looking for. It's a great peace of mind for me. FWIW

Jgarch

I really appreciate the offers, however, I broke down and ordered the Evo crossmember and oil pan skids. I didn't think I'd find one before our trip to Rausch Creek next Sunday. Now to get them installed in time.

USMC Wrangler

I really appreciate the offers, however, I broke down and ordered the Evo crossmember and oil pan skids. I didn't think I'd find one before our trip to Rausch Creek next Sunday. Now to get them installed in time.

You won't regret it. Good call! 👍

Back Country

Got one you could have, but you made the right decision. I just installed mine and no regrets. Going to scrap them up this week.

Jgarch

Got one you could have, but you made the right decision. I just installed mine and no regrets. Going to scrap them up this week.

I received an Evo box today. It's definitely solid. Maybe overkill for what I'm willing to do with a brand new Jeep, but at least I don't have to worry about it.

Top Bottom