Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thanks!!! Looking like fun so far!!! Therapeutic almost, isn't it?

True that. ;) It has been far too long since I have had my own Jeep to tinker with and to drive. It would be nice if I had more than 30 minutes once a week to work on it though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would carpet everything if I were you. Also don't forget to measure for the carpet. I believe the stuff I used at Home Depot added an extra 3/4 to 1 full inch on mine. You don't want to have to cut after you installed the carpet, it's a bitch, I've done it. Lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I would carpet everything if I were you. Also don't forget to measure for the carpet. I believe the stuff I used at Home Depot added an extra 3/4 to 1 full inch on mine. You don't want to have to cut after you installed the carpet, it's a bitch, I've done it. Lol

Yep, I thought about that. I am considering carpeting everything but the top with subwoofer carpet because it isn't thick. I am also considering using laminate sheets.

Last edited:

scull20

It's been a year or two since I've bought it, but Walmart should still sell rolls of black replacement automotive carpet that matches pretty well. Grab some 3M spray glue and a staple gun to attach it to the plywood.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It's been a year or two since I've bought it, but Walmart should still sell rolls of black replacement automotive carpet that matches pretty well. Grab some 3M spray glue and a staple gun to attach it to the plywood.

Yep. That is what MTG used on his deck and it is a great match to the factory carpet. He had some extra and gave it to me (thanks MTG:beer:). I plan on using it for the top of the deck for sure.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yep. That is what MTG used on his deck and it is a great match to the factory carpet. He had some extra and gave it to me (thanks MTG:beer:). I plan on using it for the top of the deck for sure.

I bought mine at Home Depot and it was an exact match.

And you Re way to picky to use laminate.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
It has been a long time coming but...

...I am now the proud papa of a brand new 2015 JKUR. I ordered her just how I wanted.

I see you purchased Tank here locally at Lithia Jeep. Did you get a fair price with them or was it a hassle? I am getting ready to drive up to Idaho and would love to save a trip, but did not want to play any games next year with Lithia. Other forums have explained they can be difficult.

Any advise?

Meanwhile, it is great watching your build. Thank you for sharing.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I bought mine at Home Depot and it was an exact match.

And you Re way to picky to use laminate.

I'm going with carpet. The stuff MTG gave me is almost an exact match and it isn't too thick. I just picked up another roll today so I could start the sides.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I see you purchased Tank here locally at Lithia Jeep....

It took some work, and it is the second JKUR I have bought from there. I put them in a bidding war with a dealership in CA but ultimately they gave me a very good price. Oh, and I ordered it exactly how I wanted rather than buying off the lot.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Oh, and I ordered it exactly how I wanted rather than buying off the lot.

I think this is my move next time. Ole Red came down to 2 dealerships. 2 2010 Ruby Saharas, one soft top & one hard. The hard top had more miles. It was in close in value, but I think going at these guys with a build sheet instead gives the buyer more power & leverage than trying to compare in stock.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Had some time so I carpeted the supporting structure. I think the Walmart carpet is a great match.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439073583.678685.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439073602.688586.jpg

I'm going to get a new support bar that goes all the way across (not sure yet if I will paint it black or leave it raw).

Then, it's time to paint the deck to seal the wood, install it, and carpet the top. It's been slow going, but I'm almost done.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Got the new bar and painted it and the deck. Got started on the carpet on the deck.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439094967.402699.jpg

Should finish up tomorrow and I'll get some daytime pics.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That's a bad pic because I haven't glued the carpet on the lid down. The carpet won't look wrinkly like that when I am all done.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^ Thanks!

Finished up today. Here are some pics.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145589.494077.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145603.044242.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145619.052613.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145646.045597.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145663.089148.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145680.710818.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145707.678305.jpg

It is very strong and should not have any issues holding a fridge when I finally get one.

I have an idea for a removable, adjustable center support for those trips where I really need to load up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom