Quick discos

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just for added proof, this is a shot of my rear sway bar CONNECTED and at a FULL FLEX with my EVO DTD. Please note that my limiting strap is taught as in, I couldn't get any more flex without my driveline binding. As you can see, the sway bar is in no way limiting my flex.

main.php

Your rear sway bar will provide stability that you want but is still thin/soft enough to allow for big flex.

Jtmw

Please DO NOT listen to that guy as he is providing BAD advice.

This ^^ when I did an axle swap on my TJ I had to run no sway bars while I was getting ones better suited for my application. I was on 4.5 inches of lift and it's like a boat in a storm. If i ever needed to dodge something on the road it would have been over that quickly. Glad it didn't stay that way.

Speaking of which I back tracked my old TJ before the one i mentioned previously. Found out the owner was driving and dodged a deer, had no sway bars to help compensate the movement he made and he paid the price.

1924446_10203158069890887_1784155970_n.jpg
1235116_10203158069530878_1402265549_n.jpg
1503883_10203158070130893_2052321860_n.jpg

CREEPR

Happy to disagree. I ran it for over 2 years. Love my curries now though.

Edit: for the record... I didnt suggest it, just said what I did. I am a bit of an idiot though so they are right. Don't be like me. :)

Last edited:

JakeJK

You'll forgive me but this is terrible advice! It takes a little getting used to because running without a sway bar is DANGEROUS especially when a fast quick maneuver is needed.

There is absolutely NO benefit gained from removing a rear sway bar and I can assure you that leaving it on will NOT limit the amount of flex you have.

Please DO NOT listen to that guy as he is providing BAD advice.

Haha well mines a DD so I will leave it on because I don't really feel like rolling my jeep 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to disagree. I ran it for over 2 years.

Clearly, you never came upon a situation where you needed to make an emergency quick maneuver during those 2 years or else you wouldn't be disagreeing.

Love my curries now though.

If you mean Curries as in their Anti-Rocks, those WILL limit your flex.

Edit: for the record... I didnt suggest it, just said what I did. I am a bit of an idiot though so they are right. Don't be like me. :)

Don't now why you'd feel the need to say what you did if you weren't trying to suggest it. That being said, I hope you understand that I was just trying to make sure others don't take what you say and try it themselves.

CREEPR

Clearly, you never came upon a situation where you needed to make an emergency quick maneuver during those 2 years or else you wouldn't be disagreeing.
Very few... Nashville traffic was a beast though. Had more issues with undersized breaks than wobble.

If you mean Curries as in their Anti-Rocks, those WILL limit your flex.
Rubi shocks were my limiting factor on a stock JKU springs setup in my 2 door X with antirocks...
That Evolever relocates your rear sway on to the lever not on the frame so not really apples to apples.

Don't now why you'd feel the need to say what you did if you weren't trying to suggest it. That being said, I hope you understand that I was just trying to make sure others don't take what you say and try it themselves.
Opinion... Saying what I did, not what anyone should do. I like to experiment as I think everyone on here does.

I realize I am new to this forum, didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I appreciate all you do WOL!

I would say no matter what anyone says on any single post you should do your homework before making any modifications to stock or aftermarket components. Whats awesome for some is not for others. Sorry OP for derailing this thread.

Discos are great. Loved my JKS... love my antirocks even more on stock suspension. Will post about the antirocks with my double d pro setup once I have ran it for a while.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very few... Nashville traffic was a beast though. Had more issues with undersized breaks than wobble.

The factory brakes aren't anything worth writing home about and I could see that for sure.

Rubi shocks were my limiting factor on a stock JKU springs setup in my 2 door X with antirocks...

Anti-rocks on an EVO lever WILL limit the amount of flex you have - I have seen it and it is why I choose not to run them. Well, that and they squeak like a banshee.

That Evolever relocates your rear sway on to the lever not on the frame so not really apples to apples.

:cheesy: You can believe that if helps you to sleep better at night.

Opinion... Saying what I did, not what anyone should do. I like to experiment as I think everyone on here does.

Oh, I'm with you and like you, I have been there myself. That's how I am able to say with confidence that this is a failed experiment and one that others shouldn't follow. Of course, that's just me and really, what do I know.

I realize I am new to this forum, didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I appreciate all you do WOL!

Oh please, we're just having a discussion here. :rolleyes2:

I would say no matter what anyone says on any single post you should do your homework before making any modifications to stock or aftermarket components. Whats awesome for some is not for others. Sorry OP for derailing this thread.

Ummm, I believe that is what the OP is doing - his homework. Of course, he can now choose to "experiment" with what you considered to be "awesome" or listen to a nobody like me who would discourage it.

JakeJK

The factory brakes aren't anything worth writing home about and I could see that for sure.

Anti-rocks on an EVO lever WILL limit the amount of flex you have - I have seen it and it is why I choose not to run them. Well, that and they squeak like a banshee.

:cheesy: You can believe that if helps you to sleep better at night.

Oh, I'm with you and like you, I have been there myself. That's how I am able to say with confidence that this is a failed experiment and one that others shouldn't follow. Of course, that's just me and really, what do I know.

Oh please, we're just having a discussion here. :rolleyes2:

Ummm, I believe that is what the OP is doing - his homework. Of course, he can now choose to "experiment" with what you considered to be "awesome" or listen to a nobody like me who would discourage it.

Haha I think I'm too scared to try it now either way plus if it doesn't really benefit me in any way I don't see the point but I have come to the conclusion that the front quick discos are useful!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha I think I'm too scared to try it now either way plus if it doesn't really benefit me in any way I don't see the point but I have come to the conclusion that the front quick discos are useful!

Disconnecting your front end is a HUGE benefit on the trail and leaving your rear sway bar ON will help stabilize your Jeep especially in off camber situations. I would definitely look into getting a set of quick discos if only because it'll make getting them on and off a bit easier.

JakeJK

Disconnecting your front end is a HUGE benefit on the trail and leaving your rear sway bar ON will help stabilize your Jeep especially in off camber situations. I would definitely look into getting a set of quick discos if only because it'll make getting them on and off a bit easier.

Yeah I think that the kit I got comes with some, or hopefully at least I bought the RK 2.5 stock mod with bilsteins from northridge and Oscarmike said he believe it comes with them, I will definitely be utilizing them when I am wheeling

USMC Wrangler

Yeah I think that the kit I got comes with some, or hopefully at least I bought the RK 2.5 stock mod with bilsteins from northridge and Oscarmike said he believe it comes with them, I will definitely be utilizing them when I am wheeling

That kit you posted does show the quick discos in the picture. If you are still unsure, NR4x4 has always been very helpful answering questions.

Yes, disco the front! Over a year ago a buddy and I hit a "trail" together. Both stock, but I disconnected the front and he did not. I had zero wheel spin with the stock SRA's but he was constantly spinning due to lack of flex, running Nitto Terra Grapplers. My better half has a lot of back issues and she prefers the front disconnected off pavement because the ride is so much better.

So far all I've tried are the Teraflex QD's and hated them. I'm still using stock links, 18mm wrench and socket. Some better discos are on the to do list in the near future for me, in other words...the JKS version.

atrollip

Hi all. Sorry to hijack this thread a little. I was on the trail two weekends ago with Jeep club SA. All the other wranglers were lifted and had bigger tyres and 90% of them were Rubi's. The trail we had taken was quite challenging and many of the other vehicles were breaching and getting stuck. I was a little nervous because I'm still really new to offroading and I have a stock Sahara. When I saw the others struggling I went to one of the marshals to ask if I shouldn't just manually disconnect my front sway bars upon which I got a major lecture on how unsafe it is to do that and that he had 15 years jeeping experience. He then said it could only b done once u had quick disconnects to which I answered that made no sense because the only difference between stock and quick disconnects was one had a pin and the other a bolt. He said I'd damage the vehicle if I'd done so. Since I'm a novice I decided to give in and struggle my way through the trail which went pretty well considering I was the only stock vehicle. Only got recovered once.
I guess I just want to make sure is it safe for me to manually disconnect the front sway bars on future trails or have I missed something.

BlackHawk08jk

Hi all. Sorry to hijack this thread a little. I was on the trail two weekends ago with Jeep club SA. All the other wranglers were lifted and had bigger tyres and 90% of them were Rubi's. The trail we had taken was quite challenging and many of the other vehicles were breaching and getting stuck. I was a little nervous because I'm still really new to offroading and I have a stock Sahara. When I saw the others struggling I went to one of the marshals to ask if I shouldn't just manually disconnect my front sway bars upon which I got a major lecture on how unsafe it is to do that and that he had 15 years jeeping experience. He then said it could only b done once u had quick disconnects to which I answered that made no sense because the only difference between stock and quick disconnects was one had a pin and the other a bolt. He said I'd damage the vehicle if I'd done so. Since I'm a novice I decided to give in and struggle my way through the trail which went pretty well considering I was the only stock vehicle. Only got recovered once.
I guess I just want to make sure is it safe for me to manually disconnect the front sway bars on future trails or have I missed something.

I have a Sahara and don't have quick discos, and every time I wheel I disconnect mine. The only thing you may rub your finders if you don't have flat fenders but idk since your all stock.

Hot94Z28

Sounds like that dude was not only a douche, but also an idiot.

Top Bottom