Shitcan Stock Muffler

Numbnuts

I did a search, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I want to shitcan the stock muffler on my 14 JK. It sits to low and looks like a garbage can. I'm not trying to make a six cylinder sound like a V-8 because I know that's impossible. Is there something I can replace the stock muffler with that will tuck in tight, not break the bank, and not sound obnoxious?

Last edited:
I did a search, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I want to shitcan the stock muffler on my 14 JK. It sits to low and looks like a garbage can. I'm not trying to make a six cylinder sound like a V-8 because I know that's impossible. Is there something I can replace the stock muffler with that will tuck in tight, not break the bank, and not sound obnoxious?
Dynomax sells several. Both cat-back and axle-back systems. You can get on their website and listen to sound clips.

Wethy

this sounds alright don't know if rubicat is sell running it but looks like a good exhaust and sounds decent on these crappy laptop speakers :p

https://youtu.be/QPe0O9TPfj4

dynomax evolution competition exhaust.
dumps before the axle and looks tucked up tight in the video

USMC Wrangler

Trib

I recently cut out my muffler and resonator and welded in a 28" Thrush glasspack. Used header rap on the glasspack to protect the evap cannister and surrounding surfaces from the heat. At first I dumped it before the axle. Sound was really aggressive and put a smile on my face every time I out the trottle on. However I got alot of drone at around 45 mph. I believe that was between 1200 to 1500 rpms. I've since added some pipe to dump it at the rear crossmember. Mellowed the sound out and reduced the drone gap. Best part is I gained about 2 mpg across the board with it (from 17.5 to 19.5 mpg average). I'll try to post a soundclip video later.

Hot94Z28

I had a shop weld a magna flow I wanted it to be quit as it could be. I just wanted the ground clearance.

LasVegasJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438548567.153733.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438548580.660767.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438548592.296575.jpg
Magnaflow in stock location.
A little louder but definitely not obnoxious.
Cost me $185 installed at a shop.

Top Bottom